Bad
Good

They have a ridiculous dress policy. The kids can't show the top of their arms, the only pants they can wear are jeans and jogging pants. If a student wears leggings or Jennings the shirt has to come down to their knees. My daughter has tried to wear skinny/slim jeans and they are to big around the waist, they fall off of her. She has a 23 1/2 inches waist. Currently, she is wearing jeans with a belt to keep them up. Very uncomfortable for her. Everyone says this school is so great, then why have almost all children at the Hamilton Elementary School have been retained???? The school (teachers) lied to me several times about where my daughter was reading at academically. At the end of repeating first grade for the second time, she was still reading at a kindergarten grade level. At the end of second grade she was barely reading at a first grade level. At the end of Third grade reading at a the beginning of a second grade level. She's in 4th grade and still reading at a second grade level. This school doesn't like patents to be involved, parents are not welcomed. During an IEP meeting the vice principal was yelling at me to sign the IEP. He was rude, arrogant, not professional at all to me. It was the first time at seeing the IEP and I wanted to review the IEP on my own because they fly through the IEP'S during these meetings. Vice Principal told me to sign it or leave. I wrote a letter to the superintendent about my experience with him. This kind of behavior is okay toward parents because he was promoted to principal last year. From my experience with the Hamilton Elementary School was bad, just wished we lived in a different school district. Several other parents have left the school district because of the way the school has lied to them about their children. One of them moved to Groveport school district and another moved there child to Children's Academy and still another one decided to do home schooling....

My child's school is excellent. They have always communicated in a timely manner. They provide excellent instruction. Furthermore, they are caring and kind.

MY SCHOOL IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The teachers are helpful,nice and awesome it dont matter what teacher it is they are super nice and helpful. We help causes like cancer,autism and much much more ( plus we donate money to help it too). The students are always helpful and nice and cool to hang out with, they are always caring and listen. Our principal is always cheerful and always wearing shirts to match the cause for the month! If you need help with something the teachers are always right by your side and helping you with whatever you ask. My school has a lot of sports and activities to do and they will make sure you are healthy and make sure your in a okay environment. Our OAA is coming up and they give us helpful tips and we get tickets and raffles for being on time and doing good on our OAA. They give us websites that we can go on to and study for< and they do extra stuff in the classroom to help us with the OAA like flashcards and everything! I hope i never move because i am in love with this district too much!!!!!!!!!! <3

I moved to the district from Groveport and I was very pleased with the facilities however I do agree that parent involvement is not welcomed. I also noticed at the Intermediate building the few times I was there the staff gossiping about students to one another infront of other students and parents. I felt that was very unprofessional.

this is the best school i have ever went to.The teachers listen for our problums and we learn in apprpreate manner.They are very carefull and care alot about what happens to us.I love the pricibles.They are so nice.I bet we would love to have you here!!GO RANGERS!

I have two boys in the Intermediate school and we have had a horrible experience. To see the principal you have to write a letter of request. The office staff are very unprofessional and make everything very hard for parents to be involved. Many changes need to be made to this school for it to be parent & student friendly. It is sad that these beautiful schools were built and were not properly staffed. Students needs are in now way put first.

Hamilton schools are way more on focus with their students than Columbus City Schools from my experience. With the exception of a few teachers that are just there for a paycheck just like any other school in the US. The new schools are fantastic in my book! Go Rangers!

My class was the first to attend and graduate all three grades. This school is very nice, clean and organized. It's really easy for students to find their classes. Very great school.

Horrible! Worse than Columbus public schools! Teachers and administration are rude, school work is a joke. I regret ever moving to this district.

beautiful new school with first-class facilities

Last modified Hamilton Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.