Fifth Avenue International K-6 School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
I've been most impressed by the faculty and children at this school. While the teachers provide a good deal of stimulating material, there's a no-nonsense approach to learning. The administration seems to know most of the children, and be kindly toward them. The students are generally respectful of one another. It is good to see students take charge of younger siblings after school. The building is old and some parts need repair--the reason for the school's move to Hubbard Street. As a grandmother of two young children at Fifth Avenue and a volunteer in a kindergarten class, I am delighted my family lives in the district. I look forward to volunteering next year at Hubbard.

Fifth Avenue International K-6 School 3

Posted January 30, 2014
My daughter has had so many issues going to this school that I am currently looking to take her out and find her a better school for curriculum, leadership and guidance. She has an IEP and is not getting the extra help she needs from the teachers there. There r very few good teachers who really care about the kids education. My daughter is constantly being bullied and it has not been taken seriously at all. It has gotten to the point that she cries every morning and begs me not to make her go. The principle has been involved but seems to take care of what's happening in the moment but does nothing to prevent it in the future. So the next day it remains the same. My daughter along with numerous other children have major issues with education and bullying in this school. There r fights everyday and children failing everyday. It's sad that the educators at this school don't put the loving care that needs to be given to these children. I cannot sit here and say they r all bad because there r a few very good teachers but they r few and far in between

Posted April 04, 2012
There are teachers who scream at children with special needs and the principal does nothing about it.

Posted August 30, 2011
I wish I would have read these views before sending 3 of my children here (grades 6, 5, 1) Since starting school my sons has been picked on everyday. I am currenlty looking for other options for my children. I only give it a star because it wouldnt let my post my comment with out a star.

Fifth Avenue International K-6 School 2

Posted August 10, 2011
Kindergarten orientation was disorganized and it went down hill from there. Young children need more consistency than this school offers.

Fifth Avenue International K-6 School 3

Posted June 07, 2011
I'm sorry to say that my child will not be attending for a second year, there is little to no constant supervision for even the youngest of the children. I think that the intentions of the school are great, but unfortunately, poorly funded.

Fifth Avenue International K-6 School 2

Posted April 11, 2011
I really was relucctant to send my child to this school but I decided to give the school a chance. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with them due to the fact my daughter started to complain the first two days of school. She said months later that the teacher moves her clip when she tells another student to leave her alone, and the substitute teacher she has been getting is mean and always yelling and her acedemic level is lower than it should be, with that being said I will not sending her nor her sister there next year.

Posted February 14, 2011
I was really excited to enroll my child in this school with its international theme, but I have been disappointed. Teachers are excessively absent. There seem to be more substitutes than teachers. Children are switched from class to class, teacher to teacher for no apparent reason and even the aides seem to be switched from classroom to classroom grade to grade so that there is no consistency with the adults teaching your child which is probably why there are so many safety issues. The principal does not seem to be around much and I do not see much evidence of an international theme.

Posted February 03, 2011
I would have to concur that this school does not control the behavior of the children or provide a safe learning environment for its students.

Fifth Avenue International K-6 School 0

Posted August 14, 2009
This is a horrible school the staff are not able to control the behavior of the students I am looking to takey children to a magnet school

Contact Information

100 West 4th Ave
Columbus, OH 43201

School website

Fifth Avenue International K-6 School
100 West 4th Ave, Columbus, OH  43201
Last modified Fifth Avenue International K-6 School is a public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fifth Avenue International K-6 School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.