Columbus, OH

Posted June 03, 2009
I sent my daughter to this school after our other options didn't work out for us. I was apprehensive about sending her to GH, but we had to send her anyway. Well, I must say I was very happy for a lot of the year until the last few months when my daughter started telling me about how the kids misbehaved and were treating her an others. I think the academics are fine, especially science. Her reading skills grew as they should as did her math. The teachers are nice, and I was so happy about that. My kids will not be attending this school anymore though because, overall, the behavior of the kids (and my daughter is a first grader!) is not an example I want my kids to follow or have to put up with.

Posted May 19, 2009
this is great school they have helped in so many different ways i am glad my kids go there

Posted February 05, 2009
I think the students are really smart and I've been at this school for 3 years.

Posted December 30, 2008
I think Georgian heights is a great school for students.their teachers do a great job at teaching.

Posted June 04, 2007
I have dealt with this school for 5 years and all the teachers my kids have had have been wonderful, though the principal is a whole other thing there is little to no communication skills

Georgian Heights Alt Elementary School @ Old Wedge 4

Posted April 05, 2006
e have been with this school for several years now. The academics are wonderful. The teachers are great towards the students. However there is a lack of comminication between teachers and parents. It seems like this issue is a work in progress. We wouldn't have sent our child to anyother school.

Posted January 31, 2006
Though we live in Galloway we are in the Columbus school district. I was hesitant about this at first, but Georgian Heights has been wonderful. My child has excelled at many subjects and now has a passion about other subjects as well. They focus on Math & Science, even send the kids to Science Camp. But the focus is on the child's interest as well. The have computers, music, chess club, math clubs, and even things like oragami. My child loves it.

Georgian Heights Alt Elementary School @ Old Wedge 4

Posted December 29, 2005
I have 2 children at Georgian Heights Alternative Elem. School. The level of accademic quality programs appears to be high, however I do not believe that communication between the teachers at the school and the parents is good enough. I have had several issues, this year in particular, with the way certain situations were handled by individual teachers.

Posted October 25, 2005
This is my daughter's 2nd year at Georgian Heights. She has really improved her reading skills, but I must admit that I believe that is mostly due to our diligence in encouraging her to read daily. Her teacher in 3rd grade was excellent - this is the start of 2nd quarter so I am not entirely sure about her 4th grade teacher yet. She doesn't seem very communicative at this point. There are not many extra-curricular activities to choose from. I am not impressed with the class size. I think that there are too many students in my daughter's class which could end up being detrimental to her academic achievement. The music program is good. I wish there were more opportunities for more one-on-one help when it's needed. Overall I am satisfied with GH.

Posted February 27, 2005
I have two children that attend georgian heights and let me say it's the best school I have sent my sons . The teachers are great and take time out to talk about your childs learning , its a overall great school!!

3771 Eakin Rd, Columbus, OH  43228
Last modified Georgian Heights Alt Elementary School @ Old Wedge is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Georgian Heights Alt Elementary School @ Old Wedge Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top