Posted April 09, 2014
I would strongly urge any parent to protect their children from this school. My daughter is a kindergarten student. After having problems all year long about her being picked on by 5th graders the last straw came last week. She came home complaining that her head and stomach hurt. I told her she might just need a nap and she said ok. On the way to her room she told me the stuff in the little bottle on the table tasted funny. Long story short the 5th graders had told her that hand sanitizer was 'special water' and made her drink it. My child will never set foot in this school again!

Posted September 12, 2012
I am current teaching at this school and I am very happy doing it. Students and teachers are the best. Students are engaged and motivated in the learning process. Teachers are eager to pass their knowledge and motivate those students the best as they can. This year we have a new principal that is amazing. He is a good and caring person who wants the students to succeed in life. I really recommend this school 100%. Hope to see you there!!! :)

Posted August 31, 2012
I'm currently in the process of taking my son out of this school after a horrible beginning of the year. Problems with busing and issues on the playground. I put my special needs son in this school because I thought learning the Spanish language would help with his speech. But they stopped giving lessons in Spanish as they did in previous years because of test scores. I volunteered here at the last part of the school year and was very excited to be with my son. I enjoyed being with the kids and teachers. They were very welcoming. Some of the other staff were not so welcoming and I didn't feel good being around them. I just felt something was wrong. Then at the end of the school year they announced that they were changing to a K-5 grade school and they gave short notice. This really upset us parents. Some of my friends had to scramble around to try to find a new school for our kids in 6-8. That showed lack of respect for the families and the teachers who taught these grades. I'm very sad to have to change my son to another school because he has friends here.

Posted July 28, 2012
I sent my daughter here with promises of many different programs and a better education. Unfortunately, that's not what my daughter received. The school did not deliver the promises. The school as a whole is unorganized and many times unprofessional. It was almost like there was no real leadership. The building is often dirty and burned out lights. The overall philosophy of this school is fantastic, but it just did not live up to it. I am a parent that wants more than teaching to the test. I want my daughter to be challenged to be creative, solve problems and strive to be the best. Im sorry to say, I made a huge mistake sending my daughter here. We will return to the public school system. I know it is not perfect, but it will be a great improvement over Columbus Bilingual Academy.

Posted July 01, 2012
If I could give this school less then one star, I would. I was a staff member this past year and really urge any parent to not put their child in this school! The teachers were amazing, loving, people who really did want to do what was best for the students. Unfortunately, the administration and management company that runs this school are not. They are not educated in the field of education, and are only focused on test scores which impact the future of their school, and grant money they receive. The school only cares about the money. The kids are drilled on OAA test prep and not given the education they deserve. Please do not send your students here, or work here for that matter.

Posted June 04, 2012
I was a teacher at this school this past year and this is by far the worst school I have ever been a part of. The teachers are fantastic, but they have little to no materials due to lack of funds, no set curriculum, and no support. The administration was lacking professional manners and was rude to many of their staff. The school has never had the same teachers for more than a year... There is a reason teachers won't stay here. Please send your child somewhere else.

Posted July 26, 2011
I will not speak on the new staff because I do not know they. I was actually suppose to be the assistant director. I was in the building writing policies and working with a mentor to make CBA a wonderful school. 1 day before I was to start professional development, which I had already drive to cincy for a training they tell me I wont have a job. Not trying to make a case for pitty. i just want to caution if a parent would really want to send their child to a school that does not hold true to their contract. I could only imagine the wild promises they wont be able to keep the next time.

Posted April 13, 2010

Posted December 07, 2007

Columbus Bilingual Academy
35 Midland Ave, Columbus, OH  43223
Last modified Columbus Bilingual Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbus Bilingual Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.