Columbus, OH

Indian Springs Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 07, 2015
Its hard for such little kids to do so much. There is a lot of homework already for 1st grade!

Posted June 07, 2015
We are very pleased with the school. My daughter will be starting 2nd grade there in the Fall, so far her kindergarten and 1St grade teachers have both been fantastic. She has learned so much! I appreciate how much pride the school has and how interactive the principal is with the students. There are a lot of active parents and volunteers. The school reminds me of the one I went to as a kid. A very safe and fun environment.

Posted May 19, 2014
My oldest is in 5th grade and has had a great experience at Indian Springs. We are proud to call it our home school and will be sending our youngest there in the fall. The staff is caring and the parent involvement is very high. We look forward to another great 6 years.

Posted April 07, 2014
Indian Springs is GREAT! My daughter is in Kindergarten at IS and has had the most amazing experience. She has learned so much and I couldn't have asked for a better school for her to be a part of. They have skate nights and fun things going on all the time. The only thing I would suggest doing differently is K students go to lunch at 1130am & they do not get a snack, by the time my daughter is picked up at 330pm she is starving. I would like to see them get a snack sometime after lunch to hold them over until dinner. :)

Indian Springs Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2013
This school has gone so far downhill it is crazy. Clinton is a better choice.

Posted October 24, 2013
I absolutely love Indian Springs! The teachers and staff are friendly, knowledgeable and genuinely care about their students and their education. They go above and beyond to help the children excel. The parent involvement at this school is amazing and the overall atmosphere is one of community and acceptance. I have a student in fourth grade and one in kindergarten and truly could not be happier with their education. I highly recommend Indian Springs to everyone, and will be sad when my children move on and leave this school.

Indian Springs Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2013
There is a distinctive dysfunctional environment at this school. Parents are discouraged from articulating concerns. When their concerns are made public, there is usually a concerted and bizarre effort on the part of the school community to discredit and silence the parent concerns. You can see this on several local discussion boards. School parties are not permitted, running on the blacktop (recess spot) is not permitted. There is very little joy in this school, the hostile, suspicious environment is pervasive (as it is truly represented on this board).

Posted September 06, 2012
My family has been an active part of this school since 1997 - 98 school year and has had three older children graduate from here; currently we have one in Fourth grade and one in First. We have experienced four Administrators and are very happy with the current one who is kind, dedicated, professional, and hard working. Standards have not slipped and continue to rise with parent expectations every year. The staff too are hard working and dedicated and both the staff and Administrator respond to parent concerns in a timely manner. Children are treated well with a balance of affection and discipline. Parents are always on sight and very vital to the function of this school. All of my children have had Special needs and all are Gifted and Talented, the school is able to meet the needs of these groups without sacrificing the needs of their core students. The school works to help children with both learning Disabilities and learning differences and offers a comprehensive learning environment that has both strong academics but that seeks to make learning fun! My children enjoy coming to this school. The staff here as well as the parents and students are part of our extended family!

Indian Springs Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2012
Untrue gossip it is not. The LAST principal--he knew how to run that school. I have been involved with IS since my daughter started kindergarten in 2004. I still have a second child who attends. The current principal does everything she can to AVOID contact with parents and things like bullying are allowed to go on, and on, and on...That said, the parents and the teachers do their best to make-up for the lack of leadership and, for the most part, are successful. The last principal showed the I.S. community what WAS POSSIBLE with an enthusiastic, competent leader at the helm. It is sad to have to go back to sad days BEFORE he came along.

Posted August 02, 2012
The other reviewer is unfortunately spreading untrue gossip that is hurtful to our school and our community. The principal at Indian Springs is wonderful. We have had numerous experiences with her and found her to be fair, honest and calm in all instances. She loves the students and has a true commitment to education and our community. The school has amazing teachers and fosters a loving and caring environment every day.

Indian Springs Elementary School
50 East Henderson Rd, Columbus, OH  43214
Last modified Indian Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top