Columbus, OH

Posted May 19, 2014
My oldest is in 5th grade and has had a great experience at Indian Springs. We are proud to call it our home school and will be sending our youngest there in the fall. The staff is caring and the parent involvement is very high. We look forward to another great 6 years.

Posted April 07, 2014
Indian Springs is GREAT! My daughter is in Kindergarten at IS and has had the most amazing experience. She has learned so much and I couldn't have asked for a better school for her to be a part of. They have skate nights and fun things going on all the time. The only thing I would suggest doing differently is K students go to lunch at 1130am & they do not get a snack, by the time my daughter is picked up at 330pm she is starving. I would like to see them get a snack sometime after lunch to hold them over until dinner. :)

Indian Springs Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2013
This school has gone so far downhill it is crazy. Clinton is a better choice.

Posted October 24, 2013
I absolutely love Indian Springs! The teachers and staff are friendly, knowledgeable and genuinely care about their students and their education. They go above and beyond to help the children excel. The parent involvement at this school is amazing and the overall atmosphere is one of community and acceptance. I have a student in fourth grade and one in kindergarten and truly could not be happier with their education. I highly recommend Indian Springs to everyone, and will be sad when my children move on and leave this school.

Indian Springs Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2013
There is a distinctive dysfunctional environment at this school. Parents are discouraged from articulating concerns. When their concerns are made public, there is usually a concerted and bizarre effort on the part of the school community to discredit and silence the parent concerns. You can see this on several local discussion boards. School parties are not permitted, running on the blacktop (recess spot) is not permitted. There is very little joy in this school, the hostile, suspicious environment is pervasive (as it is truly represented on this board).

Posted September 06, 2012
My family has been an active part of this school since 1997 - 98 school year and has had three older children graduate from here; currently we have one in Fourth grade and one in First. We have experienced four Administrators and are very happy with the current one who is kind, dedicated, professional, and hard working. Standards have not slipped and continue to rise with parent expectations every year. The staff too are hard working and dedicated and both the staff and Administrator respond to parent concerns in a timely manner. Children are treated well with a balance of affection and discipline. Parents are always on sight and very vital to the function of this school. All of my children have had Special needs and all are Gifted and Talented, the school is able to meet the needs of these groups without sacrificing the needs of their core students. The school works to help children with both learning Disabilities and learning differences and offers a comprehensive learning environment that has both strong academics but that seeks to make learning fun! My children enjoy coming to this school. The staff here as well as the parents and students are part of our extended family!

Posted August 02, 2012
The other reviewer is unfortunately spreading untrue gossip that is hurtful to our school and our community. The principal at Indian Springs is wonderful. We have had numerous experiences with her and found her to be fair, honest and calm in all instances. She loves the students and has a true commitment to education and our community. The school has amazing teachers and fosters a loving and caring environment every day.

Posted August 02, 2012
I have two children who have been in this school, one of whom is at Dominion Middle School and the other of whom is still at Indian Springs. In contrast to the previous reviewer, my family has found that the current principal has greatly improved Indian Springs, which was already a good school. Some parents were not happy that she wanted to treat children more equally than the previous principals had, and resent the loss of their privileges in the ECLIPSE program, which was way out of control. With the loss of a couple of the few incompetent teachers that the school had, though, Indian Springs is now better than ever. Evidence of this is that the staff all agree that the working environment has dramatically improved since our new principal started and very vocal negative elements departed.

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted November 24, 2008
My children both attended Indian Springs elementary -- k-5. They are now at Whetstone High School and Columbus Alternative, both high-performing Columbus Public High Schools. Indian Springs was a wonderful, loving environment that offered the academic emphasis necessary to prepare them for the rigors of Dominion Middle School and their respective high school. I would recommend this wonderful place to every parent!

Indian Springs Elementary School
50 East Henderson Rd, Columbus, OH  43214
Last modified Indian Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Springs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top