Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This school is a joke! They do not give life saving asthma inhalers to children who are asthmatic. With the teachers buying supplies that the least they can do seeing how the government gives them $20,000 per child. Do not be naive. Do drop ins unannounced, check your child inhaler on a regular basics. Pay close attention to warning signs. One thing I saw in my child was rapid breathing and shortness of breath more than usual. The trachea was swollen from not receiving medication before excerise activities. Go to their school board meetings you will see more info on how they get paid. The higher ups are no help at all. Be on a watch protect your children!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every child gets exactly what he or she needs. A lot of people do not understand why some children have different consequences than others, but they need to understand that every child is different. They think and feel in their own way. Therefore, their consequences must fit them. WPFA does a good job of giving children what they need. The teachers are very honest with the students and their families. They are open about what is going on and they care.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers care and push! I LOVE THEM! My son's teacher did a wonderful job communicating with me about my son. The other teachers are so involved in the school. There is always teachers at after school activities and helping with events. I know one teacher drives 2 hours to get to work every day. She does not have to do that, but she loves the kids so much she does! The other parents are just as wonderful!

Amount of homework: Agree

My son has math, reading, and spelling daily. I agree with this because practice makes perfect! He developed so much his first year here!

My son was in 1st grade during the 2014-15 school year. He is enrolled for the 2015-16 school year for the second grade. His teacher last year was AMAZING! She cared about her students, she spent a lot of her own money and time after school, she was attentive, and my son adores her. The other teachers, educators, and staff are also wonderful. They have created a family environment at this school that I have never seen at any other school. The PTO president, vice president, office manager, and staff went above and beyond to put together before, during, and after school programs to involve every child and their family dynamic. I have never met so many teachers who will push kids so hard, but it is only to make them become better citizens because they love their students. I could not ask for a better atmosphere for my son to be in. I am a proud parent of this school and my son!!!

Whitehall Preparatory and Fitness is a great school, my son is in the 7tj grade and he love it, his math teacher and English teachers work really hard to make sure each child is learning, The teachers at this school are preparing theses children to always be the best you can, aim high , never give up, The hours are great , I highly recommend this school

My son attends Whitehall preparatory and fitness academy, he is in the 1st grade and i must say he has progressed so much now that he attends this school. The teachers are great very helpful and show so much care for their students and their education. The best thing about this school besides the teachers, principal, and office managers is their after school programs for those students who need the extra one on one help teachers take the extra time to stay after school to help students. I haven't had any problems or issues with this school and or with any teachers and most importantly my son loves his school and he is getting the education he needs, this is why i rate this school as a five star school.

My grandson attends this school and for this school year the environment is very negative, non engaging and the staff need training. He is 5 years old in Kindergarten and there are so many events from 5 year olds changing clothes for gym and coming home with other children's shoes and clothes that are not up to the quality of his clothing to him getting suspended multiple times for things he has been taught by the environment he's involved in within the school. I would NOT suggest any young children attending this school where the teacher sits a 5 year old in the corner facing the wall in a room where there are no windows for 2 months. And if the social worker observed this and allowed it shame on them. I would like to know where they received their credentials. Not a positive or healthy environment for a 5 year old.

An AMAZING school!!! Under Mr. Young's leadership, this school has transformed into an institution where my child can learn and excel. The teachers are spectacular, and give my child what she needs and so much more! Above and beyond!!!

My 1st grader was a first time student here in 2008. He is doing the same work at the end of the year as he was at the begining of the year. He is also not up to par with the work he was doing in K. He spent K. at Millenium Community School. They were in transition to a new building. Now that the building is complete, he will go back and get the education he deserves. I would not recomment this school to anyone.

Last modified Whitehall Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.