Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
I have never met so many educators who care so much about their students. They teach the students that everyone is different and we should love them no matter what. The teachers spend their own money throughout the school year on supplies, prizes, gifts, etc. If students are having issues or problems the teachers help them however they can. I have seen many teachers talking to students about their problems and they help the children fix them in an appropriate manner.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
Every child gets exactly what he or she needs. A lot of people do not understand why some children have different consequences than others, but they need to understand that every child is different. They think and feel in their own way. Therefore, their consequences must fit them. WPFA does a good job of giving children what they need. The teachers are very honest with the students and their families. They are open about what is going on and they care.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 06, 2015
The teachers care and push! I LOVE THEM! My son's teacher did a wonderful job communicating with me about my son. The other teachers are so involved in the school. There is always teachers at after school activities and helping with events. I know one teacher drives 2 hours to get to work every day. She does not have to do that, but she loves the kids so much she does! The other parents are just as wonderful!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 06, 2015
My son has math, reading, and spelling daily. I agree with this because practice makes perfect! He developed so much his first year here!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
The teachers push the students very hard and help them understand that determination is the key to success.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 06, 2015
Each teacher finds it very important to teach respect throughout the school year. My son learned signs to help him not talk, so he wouldn't get into trouble. They teach the students real life situations to help them understand what the real world is like.

Posted July 06, 2015
My son was in 1st grade during the 2014-15 school year. He is enrolled for the 2015-16 school year for the second grade. His teacher last year was AMAZING! She cared about her students, she spent a lot of her own money and time after school, she was attentive, and my son adores her. The other teachers, educators, and staff are also wonderful. They have created a family environment at this school that I have never seen at any other school. The PTO president, vice president, office manager, and staff went above and beyond to put together before, during, and after school programs to involve every child and their family dynamic. I have never met so many teachers who will push kids so hard, but it is only to make them become better citizens because they love their students. I could not ask for a better atmosphere for my son to be in. I am a proud parent of this school and my son!!!

Posted May 04, 2015
Whitehall Preparatory and Fitness is a great school, my son is in the 7tj grade and he love it, his math teacher and English teachers work really hard to make sure each child is learning, The teachers at this school are preparing theses children to always be the best you can, aim high , never give up, The hours are great , I highly recommend this school

Posted January 29, 2015
My son attends Whitehall preparatory and fitness academy, he is in the 1st grade and i must say he has progressed so much now that he attends this school. The teachers are great very helpful and show so much care for their students and their education. The best thing about this school besides the teachers, principal, and office managers is their after school programs for those students who need the extra one on one help teachers take the extra time to stay after school to help students. I haven't had any problems or issues with this school and or with any teachers and most importantly my son loves his school and he is getting the education he needs, this is why i rate this school as a five star school.

Whitehall Preparatory And Fitness Academy 1

Posted December 12, 2014
My grandson attends this school and for this school year the environment is very negative, non engaging and the staff need training. He is 5 years old in Kindergarten and there are so many events from 5 year olds changing clothes for gym and coming home with other children's shoes and clothes that are not up to the quality of his clothing to him getting suspended multiple times for things he has been taught by the environment he's involved in within the school. I would NOT suggest any young children attending this school where the teacher sits a 5 year old in the corner facing the wall in a room where there are no windows for 2 months. And if the social worker observed this and allowed it shame on them. I would like to know where they received their credentials. Not a positive or healthy environment for a 5 year old.

3474 East Livingston Ave, Columbus, OH  43227
Last modified Whitehall Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whitehall Preparatory And Fitness Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top