Public charter
Columbus, OH
After care: No

Posted February 18, 2015
School has upgraded a lot since last year has new carpet has a great new playground has a wonderful new teachers and a new principal but most of all has small classroom sizes under 20 to help our kids learn
14 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2015
The teachers & staff here are awesome & they truly care for the kids I am proud to say my kids are NPFA students
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2015
The school uses a color code program so you know how your student is acting and behaving & succeeding with their behavior and work each and every day I love the daily progress reports
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2015
Northland is a great place to work! It truly feels like a family not only with fellow teachers but with our students and their families. I am proud to be a teacher at Northland!
8 people found this helpful

Posted January 29, 2015
I have read some of the reviews stated here, and it amazes me that we are so quick to blame the teachers and staff for everything! This is a new year, new staff, new testing requirements and etc. So by best we as parents should @ least expect some kind of changes throughout & help with the transition and not degrade our school with such NEGATIVE comments. That being said as a PARENT we also have to do better and stay on top of our children s school work and attitude and make sure they are treating the teachers & their peers with respect and being able to maintain that in the classroom!!! In regards to the new principle I doubt he is just suspending kids for NO GOOD reason! With that being said sometimes someone new has to show Authority and have NO POLICY rules. If your student is miss behaving there has to consequences BUT I do know they have in school suspension so I know there are other options they DO use! Proud NPFA parent of 3rd 6th 7th grader!
15 people found this helpful

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy 3

Posted January 29, 2015
My child has gone to this school for four years now. I love the extended day, the class size, and that fitness is in the forefront. The teachers are there for you, and the principal, accessible by email and phone at any hour. You make it how much you want to be involved on your child's learning plan. I also love the uniforms, no hassle about what to put on in the morning, and no competition at school over who has the coolest clothes. Communication does lack a bit from the front office. If you are told that someone will call you and then they don't call, it's frustrating. Papers get misplaced and have to be filled out again, and even money for fundraisers or school dues go missing. Safety and security are in place, having to be buzzed on to get in the building help me feel safe about my child in school.
12 people found this helpful

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy 1

Posted October 28, 2014
The new principal makes hasty decisions without knowing the entire situaion. The teaching staff is subpar at best, and some have a "no tattle telling" policy (so the kids feel afraid to tell if someone is hittling them). Anytime there is an incident involving a child, the incident does not get investigated. One child gets blamed and punished, and the others (usually the initiators of the problem) are never dealt with. This school uses suspension as a first resort instead of the last, and targets/labels children who they feel are "trouble makers". There is no communication between the teachers and parents, and most of the staff I have met were rude. The school is dirty with paint peeling off the walls and stained carpet as well. Breakfast involves a piece of coffee cake and a juice, nothing more. Not a good choice. My child was there less than 90 days, which was 90 days too long! This school gets a -1 out of 10 for me!! - Disgusted parent
3 people found this helpful

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy 1

Posted October 28, 2014
This year I had to make a decision to enroll my son into Columbus public. I have avoided this due to the failing schools system. However there is no way it can be worse then NPFA! My son has attended NPFA for 4 years. I withdrew him at the end if the 1st quarter this year. There is a new principal as well as several teachers this year. They are very unorganized and unprofessional. They do not have the required teachers for the appropriate grade level. My 7th grade son had a teacher who was only licensed for K- 3rd grade. The teachers can not control the kids due to lack of communication between the staff. The principal is quick to suspend students so he doesn't have to deal with the students. I had numerous suspensions over turned due the the principal not being able to explain why my son had gotten suspended. If you choose to send your child to this school be prepared to get a phone call for every minor thing your child does!
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 05, 2011
I love NPFA! I have 3 children enrolled at this school and this is our fifth year. The teachers, fitness instructors, office staff and principal go above and beyond for these students and the school gets better and better every year. I would encourage parents to attend PTO meetings and field trips for invaluable experiences for and with the children.
7 people found this helpful

Posted November 16, 2009
This is my children's 3rd year at NPFA and I love this school. It gave a nice alternative from general Columbus public and they are excelling beyond their grade. They are active in academic and fitness competitions and in the gifted and talented program. With such small class sizes, it is much easier for the (well-trained) teachers to provide the necessary one-on-one that all of the students need.
7 people found this helpful

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy
1875 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top