Posted October 28, 2014
The new principal makes hasty decisions without knowing the entire situaion. The teaching staff is subpar at best, and some have a "no tattle telling" policy (so the kids feel afraid to tell if someone is hittling them). Anytime there is an incident involving a child, the incident does not get investigated. One child gets blamed and punished, and the others (usually the initiators of the problem) are never dealt with. This school uses suspension as a first resort instead of the last, and targets/labels children who they feel are "trouble makers". There is no communication between the teachers and parents, and most of the staff I have met were rude. The school is dirty with paint peeling off the walls and stained carpet as well. Breakfast involves a piece of coffee cake and a juice, nothing more. Not a good choice. My child was there less than 90 days, which was 90 days too long! This school gets a -1 out of 10 for me!! - Disgusted parent
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2014
This year I had to make a decision to enroll my son into Columbus public. I have avoided this due to the failing schools system. However there is no way it can be worse then NPFA! My son has attended NPFA for 4 years. I withdrew him at the end if the 1st quarter this year. There is a new principal as well as several teachers this year. They are very unorganized and unprofessional. They do not have the required teachers for the appropriate grade level. My 7th grade son had a teacher who was only licensed for K- 3rd grade. The teachers can not control the kids due to lack of communication between the staff. The principal is quick to suspend students so he doesn't have to deal with the students. I had numerous suspensions over turned due the the principal not being able to explain why my son had gotten suspended. If you choose to send your child to this school be prepared to get a phone call for every minor thing your child does!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 29, 2014
i fill that no matter how much you try to help this school they have alot of cover up they are doing! their is to many rude teachers that fill they can talk to anyone the way they want to...(voss,hughes,middleton)!!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 14, 2014
Great Teachers and staff Great fitness program Extended school days Most important my 3 kiddos (7th, 6th, 3rd) graders LOVE IT!!!!

Posted October 05, 2011
I love NPFA! I have 3 children enrolled at this school and this is our fifth year. The teachers, fitness instructors, office staff and principal go above and beyond for these students and the school gets better and better every year. I would encourage parents to attend PTO meetings and field trips for invaluable experiences for and with the children.

Posted November 16, 2009
This is my children's 3rd year at NPFA and I love this school. It gave a nice alternative from general Columbus public and they are excelling beyond their grade. They are active in academic and fitness competitions and in the gifted and talented program. With such small class sizes, it is much easier for the (well-trained) teachers to provide the necessary one-on-one that all of the students need.

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy 3

Posted August 29, 2008

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy 4

Posted September 25, 2007
Very good K-3rd grade teachers! My children are right where they are supposed to be, some are ahead.

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy 4

Posted August 02, 2007

Posted September 27, 2006
I think charters schools are great I chose a really good one I was not impressed with Columbus Public at all my kids were not up to level until they were enrolled in N.P.F.A. We have been with this school for 2 years now.

Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy
1875 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northland Preparatory And Fitness Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top