Bad
Good

My son attended Indianola from Kindergarten to eighth grade. Indianola is a public school with a staff that works very hard to bring excellent education to all children. I am in the education profession and would highly recommend Indianola to all students. I always felt that the staff put children first and made learning fun and challenging for all children. My son starts high school in fall 2012, and it is very hard to leave a school that treated him like family. The staff worked very well together to create an excellent education for all students.

I am a student going into 5th grade,and if there was a star for 3.5 thats what I would give my school. I love my school because it is creative,has nice teachers,the gifted programs are really fun, and the teachers are very flexible. I am currently looking for a new middle school though, because in science on the OAA we had many questions that weren't even a part of our curriculum, we have to go out of our comfort zone to do music warm-ups, and there are a ton of random roaches that fall on you. I like school overall and would just like to thank my many teachers for there epicness.But will you please teach more science:)lol.

This school has been a big dissapointment. Unless you are part of the "Indianola Family" be prepared to be dismissed or patronized by the administration if you have any problems with student/teacher ratio or bullying.

informal learning is great! our kids love going to school.

This school has consistantly carried the highest reputation in our city. And it has the greatest PARENTS.

They do a phenomenal of creating a unique and enriching educational experience well beyond many 'traditional' schools.

The staff really cares about the students' well-being and create many opportunities for parent involvement.

Great teachers who are focused on the whole child and individual growth. Wonderful community made up of compassionate parents who love the world and all its children.

My child has been attending Indy since KD. She is now in third grade! While I was initially concerned that all of the recent building - hopping and rapid growth of the school would diminish what makes the school such a special place, I have since been pleasantly surprised. The school definitely feels less intimate than before, but the teachers and the PTO continue to strive to provide a communal experience for the students. The best part is: my child loves her school. She is excited about learning and she feels free to express her ideas. Our family has had a positive experience.

Great education, great people, great location. Love it!

Last modified Indianola Informal K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.