Bad
Good

My son attended this school for a couple months and he was bullied, picked on and picked out by the teachers and other staff. They test your child before they even teach him anything. He learned NOTHING from the teachers. I switch his schools and in the first week my son could spell his name and know right from left to name a few. LEAWOOD IS TERRIBLE IM SO SERIOUS they have middle school kids hanging out by the school cussing and fighting, just ridiculous STAY AWAY plus look at the score...

Hi I am a parent of two at Leawood. I would suggest finding a better school for your child and there education. The principal is not professional and I have recently dealt with a teacher that is not well she said some things to my child that a teacher should not. They don't return phone calls, the principal sends substitute principals to her scheduled meetings, who know nothing of what's going on. My sons have to come home everyday saying they got into a fight cause bullying is high at this school. I will definitely be looking for my boys a better school!!!

As soon as I am able to I am removing my kids from this school the kids are extremely violent and they award kids for attending school rather than good grades or honor roll---my twin daughters are the best in their class in reading and they get a certificate and a failing student who attends every day won scooter/ bike and helmet---sending the wrong message----I dont believe in telling all of the negatives there are some positives but the negatives crush the positives. There is no consequences for children's actions even when we went through teachers and principal, we had to come up with the solution ourselves and they dont pay us. Its crowded and sharing classes not enough teachers its got to change or my daughters and son will be in charter or private school next year or asap. Ms. Rea I will vouch for her she should be running the building so far from the staff I encountered, she is good. The Kindergarten teachers are ok, playgrounds need to be more secure so children cant beat each other up so much---its ran like a jail.

Friendly staff BUT I am moving my son out of this school to a private school. He is getting hit and picked on by kids on the bus. We talked to bus driver, Principal and secratary. No one has fixed the problem. Not to mention they never communicate with us at all. We do not know school closings til the day before. They did a health screening in the fall and I just got a letter about it, saying my son is obese and has normal hearing (he was diagnosed by childrens with significant hearing loss-but they say its normal?) and the school nurse said he has misaligned teeth_He is 6 they are still falling out genious, not to mention you are NOT a dentist. I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS SCHOOL WHATSOEVER! He is being pulled out IMMEDIATELY!! They school plays are poor quality-shows teachers really dont work with them, his teacher lost his homework folder and blamed it on him then wrote to RETURN THIS : on his papers for weeks. RUDE!

I enjoyed my daughter's teacher, and most of the staff there were nice. BUT! I would not recommend a child to attend this school. I am moving her out of this school and into a private school. The children there are not disciplined correclty what so ever. My daughter was never a problem and her hair was cut, pencils thrown at her. The students had fights, sent home in KINDERGARTEN. What is wrong with this picture? The teachers (excluding my daughters) need to pay more attention to these students. One afternoon, I arrived around lunch time and the teacher supervising was consistently yelling at all the students, they were not allowed to talk or get up. It was lunch time people, and you were talking about Pre-K through 2nd graders. Yelling does not solve anything, they understand things but this is not right.

Last modified Leawood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.