K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My children have never been happier! We have tried many different options when it comes to schooling. We have finally found our home! I love that my children get individualized attention from extremely dedicated teachers and staff. They are challenged in their school work and don't have to settle mediocrity. I would HIGHLY recomend this school to anyone looking for a wonderful Catholic environment for their children.

For the past forty years, Mater Dei Academy has provided daily instruction in the traditional Catholic Faith, strong academics; and, a safe, spiritual environment to its students, for reasonable tuition. Over the course of eighteen years, each of our six children has been well formed in their Catholic Faith, character, and academics as a result of their attendance at Mater Dei Academy. We thank God and the Blessed Mother for this school. Linda Reis

Mater Dei Academy has been a great blessing for my family. All of my 6 children have attended there. I really believe it is the best kept secret in the Columbus Catholic community. I pray Mater Dei will be available for all my grandchildren!

Mater Dei Academy is a small, K-8 state chartered school that has operated in a Catholic tradition since 1971. Although not a diocesan school, each family and Catholic teacher are full and participating members of a local diocesan parish. We receive no funds from the Diocese, and only what is legally allowable from the local school district. Sound catechisis in the Roman Catholic Faith is taught and in a manner reminiscent of the time before the 1960's, with religion as a subject that is integrated in the class structure throughout the day, and not just simply another academic discipline. Uniforms are the rule of the day, and students sit in straight rows and columns, receiving letter grades at the end of each grading period. Because of this educational approach, it is unique in the Columbus area. Academics are stressed and a number of our graduates receive scholarships at local high schools.

Last modified Mater Dei Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8