Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 4

Posted February 10, 2014
Linden is a great asset to the community. We have been here for 20 years and we have watched the many changes in Linden. The school has good and bad. The teachers seem to really care about the students. Mrs McKahan seems to go out of her way to help the kids. She has paid for my son to go the zoo and sent him home with a new coat. There are other folks there that are just getting a paycheck and it is obvious who they are.

Posted June 19, 2013
Although it was many years ago, approx: 1974 and I moved away, Linden Elementary School was the first to give me my basics. Mrs. Wooten and Mrs. Alexander were two great teachers whom I will never forget, and do to the curriculum and basics of reading, writing, math, science...I still remember this school. I went on to become a Registered Nurse and work on Life Flight. So, NO MATTER what, if you want and education and are willing to learn - you can achieve anything !! At this time we also had a a Gorilla named Emmy whom the school adopted from the Columbus Zoo...although hard times...it was still good times I will always remember !!

Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 2

Posted February 24, 2012
This school could do so much better than what they are doing, Leadership is the key however you really dont see to much of that. I agree with the parent that said dont live up to the stereotype, Cause when walking in you find everyone of them. South linden was a great area at one time with great schools. This school however needs alot of help. If you dont like working with parents and children maybe education is not your field, Find another job and let someone that has the passion have that job. That is starting from the principal on down to the teachers. These are our future leaders, stop treating thim like convicts.

Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 0

Posted June 03, 2009
I am a student volunteer from Ohio Wesleyan University and I think that this is an amazing school for the limited resources they have. I think that the staff and teachers are wondeful and offer nothing but encourgement and bright futures for these young students.

Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 0

Posted May 22, 2009
This is a horrible school. I used to go here when I was a child about 20 years ago and I can't believe how bad it's gotten. The staff members do not care about anything that's going on. They are not informative at all. They do not organize activities well, they do not send home paperwork to parents to let them know what days the schools will be closed, when upcoming activities will be; such as : picture day, field trips, assemblies.They need to get people in there who actually care about the future of our children.

Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 3

Posted November 21, 2008
This school is really trying from what I see. They just have to get rid the staff members that really do not care about being there. If you dont like your job find a new one. You are working with kids and parents. And if a parent, grandparent, aunt uncle etc. walks in and hear you complainig about how bad you want to just run out the office and how you are so tierd that is not going to give a parent a good feeling about leaving there child there all day. Also working in the office you really need to have people skills, you have to know how to address the children and the parents. Rudeness will get you no where. I understand that this is a Columbus public school, but you dont have to live up to the sterotype.

Posted May 06, 2008
This school rocks. The staff is wonderful,caring and they know every student's name. They listen and if there is ever a problem with your child they call to let you know.

Posted June 11, 2007
I was really scared about sending my daughter to kindergarten but when I went to visit the school the hole staff made me and my daughter feel welcome. the principal is awesome, she really cares about the kids and there safety.The K. teachers are the best they take there time with the students and really put there all into what they are doing. I would not have my baby attend any other Columbus public school. Linden really feels like home for my daughter, and that is what you should always look for in a school. She has learned so much.

Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 4

Posted January 29, 2007
Linden elementary has great leadership and teaching staff. They have excellent curriculum and resources. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students have the opportunity to learn an instrument. My children often rave about their 3rd and 4th grade science lessons. They have a state of the art facility and utilize it well. The children use every resource that was intended for them. The art lessons are very engaging and tied into their other classroom curriculum. The gifted and talent students receive extra attention and specialized lessons. There are many clubs for the children to participate in, drama, science, habitat, cooking, and many more. If they could change their classroom size to 20, more children would experience success academically and behaviorally.

Linden Stem Academy (K-6) 3

Posted January 09, 2007
the staff at the school is pretty nice but the students behavior leaves little to be desired. I strongly regret ever enrolling my children in this school.

Linden Stem Academy (K-6)
2626 Cleveland Ave, Columbus, OH  43211
Last modified Linden Stem Academy (K-6) is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linden Stem Academy (K-6) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top