Maybury Elementary School 3

Posted August 21, 2013
My son goes to Maybury. He has for now 3 years. I am a very involved parent within the school. Last year he was in Mrs. Blackstone's class, and let me just tell you she is an amazing teacher. Maybury needs more parent involvement as with any other school. As long as you make your presence know and your expectations the staff does what it takes to make sure the needs are meant.

Posted April 29, 2009

Maybury Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2007
Maybury has had their difficulties but the school is doing more than it ever has before in order to make sure our children are successful with the limited resources that they have.

Maybury Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2006
We do not live in the school district for Maybury, but we chose to send our child to Maybury because we had heard so many good things about the teachers. We must say that we are very pleased with the academic progress our child made during the school year. When our child started kindergarten, he was right on grade level with reading. By the time he left kindergarten, he was reading on a 2nd grade level and writing on a 1st grade level. There are some behavior problems at this school, but I have no complaints in how they were handled.

Posted March 06, 2006

Posted December 28, 2004
Two years ago I removed one of my children from Maybury and placed them in private school due to issues that we had with the school that were not addressed to our satisfaction. Having one child still in Maybury and one in private school at the same time afforded me a view that not many parents get to see. I realized that not only was Maybury suffering in parent involvment, which is very important, but also was suffering academically, a whole year behind. I have since removed my second child from Maybury and placed her in private school. I now have a two year old and unless Maybury makes some major changes she too will go to private school. That is a shame since as a tax payer I feel we should all have access to good quality public schools.

Maybury Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2004
I have read the review from posted by another parent, and I must say my satisfaction with Maybury Elementary goes in the other direction! My child has ADHD, and Maybury has not been any help to me at all. When I asked the teachers and the principal in the past about classes, program or anything else that can be done/used to help my son through the period of time when his medicine was being adjusted, I have had to go above their head to the Board of Education to receive information. The principal and teacher at this school were not forthcoming with any information unless I forced them by going to the Board of Education. Any suggestion I gave the school to help in the classroom..were more or less dissmisses. Any changes in the class room that were feasable and acceptable were not done,etc. the school needs big improvements.

Maybury Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2003
I feel that Maybury Elementary School is a great school for my children, ages 9 & 6 to attend. We recently moved from Canton and while the schools there were good, parent involvement is so important. Parents at Maybury seem to care about their children's education. Of course, not all parents are able to take off from work to volunteer for the different events offered at Maybury, there are several who do. Parents are an essential part to their child getting a good education. My daughter's teachers at Maybury are very knowledgable and have taught my children many things. My daughter's third grade teacher is Educator of the Year and has worked with Amber on her self-esteem in many aspects of her life. She treats the children with respect and receives respect in return. I have not had a bad experience with Maybury Elementary School since my children began in August. I have found all of the staff to be friendly and willing to help if there are ever any problems. And while Columbus Public Schools are in Academic Watch, I don't believe Maybury falls into that category, the things that my kindergarten daugther has been learning are great. She has started learning addition and subtraction, writing paragraphs, and about dinosaurs and fossils. To me, Maybury is an excellent school and I hope that my children are able to continue to attend since we have moved to another school district.

Maybury Elementary School
2633 Maybury Rd, Columbus, OH  43232
Last modified Maybury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maybury Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.