Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

We don't really have a bullying problem. There's a lot of respect, and if there is a bully other students will step in.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Leadership as in our administration? Well, they don't do much good in my opinion. If anything the principle does more harm than good, by changing some of the schools old values I don't think it is as good as it once was.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Without such amazing teachers I don't think I would be able to strive like I do.

I love CAHS, I am only a sophomore but I've already learned so much. I feel the only way to underachieve at this school is to not try. It is a college prep school, we are pushed to the limit and it's amazing to be tested, and pushed, and taught- by teachers who treat us like actual people, and as the future of the country. It is a safe space for everyone, people are so accepting. It's just a nice place to be.

I go to this school and its the best they encourage you to do better and not give up

I truly love this school and love coming here everyday. It gives me a chance to be challenged which is something that has not always been done for me in Columbus City Schools. The teachers at CAHS really care about their students and are always willing to go the extra mile to make sure their students succeed in their classes such as staying after school and replying to students texts and emails in a timely fashion. As much as I love CAHS, i would not recommend it to students who are not prepared to work hard for their grades. CAHS is not a place to simply 'get by', you must work hard. The teachers are always there to help you but you must be willing to utilize them; they won't come to you, you must come to them. CAHS is a place for students who want to make it to the best colleges and be prepared for the curriculum that those colleges have waiting for them. As hard as CAHS is, I would not choose any other high school to go to. No other high school in the CCS district can compare.

I'm currently a junior at CAHS and is by far the best school in the CCS District. The teachers and administrators truly care about each in every student being prepared for college and exceeding the normal requirements of high school. CAHS is, has been and will continue to be a nationally ranked high school. Each year the school has been substantially increasing in test scores, rating, etc. With a lot more new technology and some major renovations to the school, CAHS could go 20X further academically then many other nationally ranked schools. CAHS is known as the school of promise and its mission is to have each and every student fully prepared for the real world.

I go to CAHS, it has swagg, and I love it sooooo much. All day everyday. Ms.R is the best.

this is the best school my mother could have placed me in i am learning this first and second year college students are. this school will show what hard work means if anything this school deserves an award for best school in Columbus.

I am a former student, the ciriculum at CAHS prepares you for the real world and makes college much easier than it would for a person who went to a regular high school. I recomend it to anyone who wishes to give their child the best education possible.

Last modified Columbus Alternative High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.