Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted May 23, 2016
It would be a good school at the teachers cared and teach their students and if the principal was more involved I think the principal is very lazy thinks of herself and she's not very communication with the parents at all neither are the teachers why I can't stay all teachers I do like some of the teachers there when for kids with IEPs there is no resources whatsoever in this school for them at all

Posted April 18, 2016
The staff are very rude they do not protect the children from bullies and no one seems to notice any wrong that these bullies are doing but your child would be suspended for protecting themselves what a joke.

Grateful to: Student

Posted November 24, 2015
TO my son for trying his best even though this school sucks the life out of his education and the fact that he has to unlearn everything he has learned here so he can succeed in high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 24, 2015
don't care, they do not keep up on grade reports or take time to enter assignments for accurate grades.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted November 24, 2015
The assignments are garbage nothing to do with the classes they are in. They teachers can not even get the assignments graded in time to give an accurate grade.

Medina Middle School 4

Posted November 22, 2015
The staff is hard working. ..everyone from the front door to the back door is trying to make the school a better place!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 22, 2015
I am thankful for all of the people I have worked with over the years too many to name so I will just list the schools I have taught at! Avondale Elementary, Como Elementary, Cassidy Elementary, Eastgate Elementary, Kent Elementary, Georgian Heights Elementary, and moving into Medina Middle School...afraid of change, the loss of my husband the first year there and everyone was so patient with me! Thanks!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
My oldest went here and after the first year of horrible grades and problems I pulled him out to attend ECOT thinking it was his motivation that was the problem. now after two years in ECOT he has better grades due to the controlled atmosphere he is learning in. This is the first year there for my youngest and its been terrible 100% turn around on grades from his pervious school. The learning environment there is a joke, teachers there are rude and unwilling to help with a problem or notify you if there is one until its to late. they post that he missing 13 assignments 4 days before school ends?!?!?!? I feel I am responsible for kids behavior and doing his homework so I have written notes to his teachers asking for missed assignments and if there is a problem please call, I got a reply back "ok" with nothing else and another with " id on not hand out missing assignments again he shouldn't have lost them, the same teacher that we wrote a check to for book club and she lost it?!?!? Medina is the most fictional learning experience I have ever had a encounter with and my youngest will not be attending there next year. if any parent is reading this I suggest you look into other options before sending you child there. It upsets me with disgust that are taxes get poured into teachers and principle's that have no passion for what there doing and its as little as possible at best.

Posted May 27, 2015

Posted April 23, 2015
I was a student at Medina for a short period of time (due to the conditions of the school). I hated it everyday at this school. The building needs major repairs. The teachers are rude and unprofessional. Many of the students are loud and rude as well.

1425 Huy Rd, Columbus, OH  43224
Last modified Medina Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.