Columbus, OH

Medina Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
My oldest went here and after the first year of horrible grades and problems I pulled him out to attend ECOT thinking it was his motivation that was the problem. now after two years in ECOT he has better grades due to the controlled atmosphere he is learning in. This is the first year there for my youngest and its been terrible 100% turn around on grades from his pervious school. The learning environment there is a joke, teachers there are rude and unwilling to help with a problem or notify you if there is one until its to late. they post that he missing 13 assignments 4 days before school ends?!?!?!? I feel I am responsible for kids behavior and doing his homework so I have written notes to his teachers asking for missed assignments and if there is a problem please call, I got a reply back "ok" with nothing else and another with " id on not hand out missing assignments again he shouldn't have lost them, the same teacher that we wrote a check to for book club and she lost it?!?!? Medina is the most fictional learning experience I have ever had a encounter with and my youngest will not be attending there next year. if any parent is reading this I suggest you look into other options before sending you child there. It upsets me with disgust that are taxes get poured into teachers and principle's that have no passion for what there doing and its as little as possible at best.

Posted May 27, 2015

Posted April 23, 2015
I was a student at Medina for a short period of time (due to the conditions of the school). I hated it everyday at this school. The building needs major repairs. The teachers are rude and unprofessional. Many of the students are loud and rude as well.

Posted September 24, 2013
Horrible school, kids got maiced last week and there was a lock down and cops got called and of course the staff does not reach out to the parents and let us know what was going on I had to hear this from my child and see it posted on Facebook. I have a friend that was never notified by the staff or principal that her daughter was not allowed back at the school bc of problems the teacher was having with the student they decided to just tell the student to relay the message... The teacher said her child was rude and very disturbing well little did she know the student recorded everything the teacher said durning school session and let's just say the student was pulled out of the class as per her mother and that teacher walked out a few days later bc of her anger issues... Absolutely dissatisfied with this school I will be overly excited with joy when I can remove my child from this school.

Medina Middle School 2

Posted September 20, 2013
Is in desperate need of repair and a/c.........This school has been ignored to long. If we want our children to be better, shouldn't we start by improving the learning conditions?

Posted April 18, 2013
This school is trashy. has roaches. Your kids do not learn anything when they go there. Theres not enough books to go around for a assignment. Teachers are unpresfessional

Medina Middle School 2

Posted August 21, 2012
This school is okay... I'm going there tomorrow and I just don't like most of the teachers. And the art teacher is outrageous. Reason why is because she threw a chair at me and left a bruise!

Posted April 28, 2010
They have uncertified teachers at this school! WHta is a long term sub???

Posted February 03, 2009
School hasn't changed, still horrible conditions and won't change until they get new administration in the building. The principal needs to be replaced...period!!!

Posted January 28, 2009
Medina is one of the best middle schools in columbus, i said my daughter to the school last year and she has become very smart since she started the school.I really, really like medina.I say hi, and good job to all the stuffs in the school. I recommend this review to all parent whose child(ren) attend medina.

Medina Middle School
1425 Huy Rd, Columbus, OH  43224
Last modified Medina Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Medina Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top