Public charter
Columbus, OH

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 14, 2015
My child consistently finishes her work at school and is able to use her time wisely to finish most of her projects at school. This ensures that she is working independently and is learning the material with the instruction of the special education team at school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Students here are on an IEP. The students are given goals and then there is a plan put in place to help the student develop these goals.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Students are expected to show respect and appropriate behavior towards one another. Teachers treat students with respect and in turn, expect respectful behavior.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
My child has needed the school's compassion and they have shown my child ways to combat stress and bullying.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 14, 2015
Students are encouraged to treat their peers and teachers with respect. When a student has been disrespectful there have been steps taken to correct the behavior and this has made my child feel safe.

Oakstone Community School 5

Posted August 14, 2015
My daughter has been very successful at Oakstone Academy. She has an ASD. With the direction and care from a wonderful staff in a school that makes her feel safe and encouraged she has excelled and made great strides at this school.

Oakstone Community School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter loves Oakstone! She has excelled as a peer model and has made good friends. The teachers and staff have been easy to communicate with also. I am happy I chose Oakstone, I hope to keep my daughter enrolled there throughout.

Oakstone Community School 5

Posted August 17, 2012
Supporting what I've written previously, especially to parent/s who've had a bad experience with the staff @ Oakstone Academy, how did you handle the situation? I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experince, because they are really good and I wish & pray that things have/should change for you & your child to have a positive experience like us @ this school.I'm glad because they have high school now, & my son will be there unless we move out of the state/country.

Posted December 29, 2009
Oakstone has the best intentions for the students with autism, autism-related diagnois and the peers. I know the majority of the teachers give their 110%, are fully dedicated and commited to serving the children in order to push them to their fulliest potiential. I personally love the Oakstone program and would reccommend it to every family that wants their child to have more a individualized and specialized education...which is hard to find these days.

Oakstone Community School 4

Posted July 21, 2009
Oakstone has been amazing for both my autistic & typical children. My autistic son could have transferred to public school from his last, more intensive school prior to Oakstone, but I believe Oakstone was a good next step. They have a standard curriculum that you would find at any public school, yet have the capacity to work w/behavioral issues in a more sensitive & compassionate way. Though, for serious behavior issues, they could do more, easily, & don't. Thus, I think it's an ideal situation for kids with mild to moderate autism. Like any school, there is bureaucracy & the administration is a bit pompous at times. But, I think this is the kind of elitism you'd find at a private school, which Oakstone charter school seems to emulate. I don't have to like these people, my children do & as long as they're doing their job, I'm supportive!

5747 Cleveland Ave, Columbus, OH  43231
Last modified Oakstone Community School is a Charter school that serves grades 1-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakstone Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top