Public charter
Columbus, OH

Oakstone Community School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
My daughter loves Oakstone! She has excelled as a peer model and has made good friends. The teachers and staff have been easy to communicate with also. I am happy I chose Oakstone, I hope to keep my daughter enrolled there throughout.

Posted August 17, 2012
Supporting what I've written previously, especially to parent/s who've had a bad experience with the staff @ Oakstone Academy, how did you handle the situation? I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experince, because they are really good and I wish & pray that things have/should change for you & your child to have a positive experience like us @ this school.I'm glad because they have high school now, & my son will be there unless we move out of the state/country.

Oakstone Community School 0

Posted December 29, 2009
Oakstone has the best intentions for the students with autism, autism-related diagnois and the peers. I know the majority of the teachers give their 110%, are fully dedicated and commited to serving the children in order to push them to their fulliest potiential. I personally love the Oakstone program and would reccommend it to every family that wants their child to have more a individualized and specialized education...which is hard to find these days.

Posted December 10, 2009

Oakstone Community School 4

Posted July 21, 2009
Oakstone has been amazing for both my autistic & typical children. My autistic son could have transferred to public school from his last, more intensive school prior to Oakstone, but I believe Oakstone was a good next step. They have a standard curriculum that you would find at any public school, yet have the capacity to work w/behavioral issues in a more sensitive & compassionate way. Though, for serious behavior issues, they could do more, easily, & don't. Thus, I think it's an ideal situation for kids with mild to moderate autism. Like any school, there is bureaucracy & the administration is a bit pompous at times. But, I think this is the kind of elitism you'd find at a private school, which Oakstone charter school seems to emulate. I don't have to like these people, my children do & as long as they're doing their job, I'm supportive!

Oakstone Community School 3

Posted December 31, 2008
Oakstone did wonders for both my typical and autistic children while they attended from 2006-2007. Both were ready for our home district at the end of the 2007 school year. I agree that it's a great school for kids but the administration does need to improve. Overall, it was a fantastic experience and let my kids have a great foundation to work with in their current school district. My kids are flourishing.

Oakstone Community School 2

Posted August 19, 2008
The parent who posted on 3-27-08 said it all. This is an elitist place. If you/your child are part of the school's 'in' group, everything is fine. If not, you/your child are treated badly. The administrators are THE most unprofessional I have ever encountered. The idea for this school is a good one, but they need to get a professional management team who puts children first.

Oakstone Community School 2

Posted March 27, 2008
I am very upset by the way things have turned out. After spending several years here I have experienced many things that just would not happen at any other school. The biggest problem is the administration. They are extremely lacking in professionalism and treat their staff badly. Parents are often made to feel stupid and that the school knows what is best for your child and that is that. They have a high turn-over, due to the problem with administration, and have lost a great number of talented people this way. Sad. The concept is great. Needs to be run by different people.

Posted January 05, 2008
Awesome school! My daughter loves it.

Posted December 09, 2007
I have 5 boys with PDD-NOS (a form of autism). They started at Oakstone this year. It has been the best experience in their life! The school is just like a regular classroom. They hold high expectations of all their students. You are taught at the level where you are at within the classroom. The eduction the children receive is phenomenal. My boys have increased their reading and math levels by 1 1/2 - 2 grades within the first 12 weeks of school! The biggest improvements came in their behavior and social skills. Where Columbus Public Schools failed my children, Oakstone has greatly succeeded! It is the best school I have found for autistc children and typically developing children too. We were on a waiting list for 4 1/2 years. it was worth the wait! Anyone who cannot see this must not agree with the program.

Oakstone Community School
5747 Cleveland Ave, Columbus, OH  43231
Last modified Oakstone Community School is a Charter school that serves grades 1-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakstone Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top