Bad
Good

All 4 of my children have been or are currently enrolled in this school. My 7 and 10 year olds are my biggest improvements I've seen come out of this school. My 7 year old a now 2nd grader at Oakland Park struggled his Kindergarten year at Avalon Elementary to where he hated going to school in Kindergarten. When I switched him the following year to Oakland Park his reading skills improved, behavior improved and he was excited to go to school and is continuing to improve. My 10 year old was the same way. I'd recommend this school to any one who is looking into a traditional approach to education for their children. Teachers and Administrators that care and a curriculum that is sure to advance your child to the next level of their educational experience.

I have my 2 kids in this school the Teacher are wonderful but 1 thing is the bully in school I have give complaints in the office and they don't do noting about it but of course is not their kid's that is getting bully so now I have to move because of this.

I am considering enrollment of grandkids into this neighborhood school and interested in the values and teachings.

Not good.I know a parent that had to take a student out of school.You may get made fun of because of your race

My child has attended OPTS since Kindergarten. She is now in the 4th grade. I feel it is one of the best elementary schools in the Cols City School system. Her teachers have been great. I have always felt welcome there.

I have a 1st grader in this school who is really doing great in all of her subjects. All of the teachers are wonderful and really care about there students. I would recomend this school to anyone is looking for a good school.

Academically, OPTS is great. It's nice to have my children challenged. They're learning a lot. Their test scores have improved. Personally my children have not fit in. Some fellow students aren t open-minded about differences. This has caused a few problems. Some teachers are great at addressing problems. However, you can tell some simply don't care or don't want to offend anyone. There are also a couple of teachers that lack with communication to parents. Other teachers are awesome with it. As a parent, I m pleased. I think most of the staff is great. Although we ve had some problems, things are improving. I knew there was going to be more work assigned but I might have chosen differently if I knew how much.

Last modified Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.