Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2013
I have my 2 kids in this school the Teacher are wonderful but 1 thing is the bully in school I have give complaints in the office and they don't do noting about it but of course is not their kid's that is getting bully so now I have to move because of this.

Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2013
I am considering enrollment of grandkids into this neighborhood school and interested in the values and teachings.

Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2012
Not good.I know a parent that had to take a student out of school.You may get made fun of because of your race

Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2011
My child has attended OPTS since Kindergarten. She is now in the 4th grade. I feel it is one of the best elementary schools in the Cols City School system. Her teachers have been great. I have always felt welcome there.

Posted October 23, 2010
I have a 1st grader in this school who is really doing great in all of her subjects. All of the teachers are wonderful and really care about there students. I would recomend this school to anyone is looking for a good school.

Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted December 06, 2007

Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School 3

Posted December 05, 2007
Academically, OPTS is great. It's nice to have my children challenged. They're learning a lot. Their test scores have improved. Personally my children have not fit in. Some fellow students aren t open-minded about differences. This has caused a few problems. Some teachers are great at addressing problems. However, you can tell some simply don't care or don't want to offend anyone. There are also a couple of teachers that lack with communication to parents. Other teachers are awesome with it. As a parent, I m pleased. I think most of the staff is great. Although we ve had some problems, things are improving. I knew there was going to be more work assigned but I might have chosen differently if I knew how much.

Posted September 04, 2006
The numbers don't lie! OPTS is awesome. Out of 94 elementary schools in the district- OPTS scored in the top 10 in all categories. Hard work from the students and staff pays off!

Posted January 05, 2006
a very good school if you want your child to be challenged. it help my kids improve in many subjects that i thought that i would normally get a tutor

Posted September 21, 2005
Oakland Park is an outstanding school. I am currently raising my sisters children while she is overseas fighting for our nation. The children absolutely love their teachers and they look forward to school. I do find that the school is challenging to them and they love taking on the challenge.

Contact Information

3392 Atwood Ter
Columbus, OH 43224

School website

Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School
3392 Atwood Ter, Columbus, OH  43224
Last modified Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Park Alternative Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.