Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

O. M. G. Where do I begin..... I have 3 children at this school. My oldest was bullied real bad so we moved and was assigned to scottwood. The best school EVER. They took the time to develop her in to an honor student. I'm so sad that she moved on to middle school. As far as my other two kids I wish the can start adding grades so they can stay. Also the teachers are great all of them, Mrs. Nash turned my son totally around raised reading levels so high. My son wanted to stay in 4th grade just so he could stay in her class

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

This I don't blame on the teachers due to all the laws that tell them they can't do so many things academically for the children and all the different changes that are made for the organized testing...

Develops character: Disagree

The focus was primarily getting the kids to turn in their homework on time no matter how easy it was for some students. Honesty, fairness, and integrity is unable to be taught due to all the laws in action that don't allow for teachers to be stern and discipline the children effectively. My child was suspended for defending the self... How fairness is being taught I don't understand...

My child was not challenged in the topics that he was strongest in, nor was he given tools to develop in the subjects that he was weakest in.... Their main focus was to make sure the children were behaving appropriately and turning in all homework on time... On more than on ocassion I went to the school and talked to my child's teachers and asked for things to do at home to help and I always got the same answer. I was just not pleased at my child's lack of development at this school.

Last modified Scottwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.