Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They don't even tell you if something's happened to your child about being bullying you only hear it from when your kid comes home.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They do have couple good teachers in here that care but others don't really care for your kid at all I've seen it with my own eyes it's really sad!

Amount of homework: Disagree

They really don't do homework they just asked for you to read with your children for 30 minutes every now and then you might get a packet of work that has three paper on Monday the trunk it in on friday.

I feel like the teachers really don't care about the children they are they're just there to get a paycheck. They make rude comments to the children. The principal backtracks on his words. You don't know what's really going on with the kids at school there's not much communication between parents and school. If your child is to get hurt by another student at school you get no phone call you get nothing letting you know that something happened to your child the only way you know is kid comes home to tell you.

Shady lane has an awesome principal (Mr. Hainer) who puts his heart and soul into his staff, school and students. The teachers care about their students and fellow colleagues. The kids are well behaved and want to learn.

This school is so focused on discipline that there is no time left for learning. We're half way through the year and I haven't seen any academic progress in my child. Yet he comes home several days a week having had all recesses taken away for the entire class for one silly reason or another. I believe six year olds will learn better with time to play. It is not an environment conducive to learning. I am doing all I can to find another school for my child next year.

I attended this school way back in kindergarten. 1960-61. I am glad it is still around and in such good shape. I don't remeber the teachers names, but I do remeber always learnig a lot for my later schools.

shady Lane is awsome! My daughter has been going here for 5 ys begining in 1st grd now she is in 5th. I wish she could go to this school all the way to 12th. the staff, teachers and Mrs Burris are amazing, the care and concern they have for these children doing well and learning all they can is above and beyond the norm. I comend them for the hard work and dedication they have everyday. They will be missed and thought of often when my daughter has to go to middle school and I can only hope her next school can compare to the last 5 years at Shady Lane.

My son is in his second year at Shady Lane. We have had some behavior issues and the staff, teachers and administrators have been excellent to work with. The other parents seem to have very little interest in thier children but in spite of that Mrs. Burris and her staff are doing great things. As much negative press as public schools get have been surprised at how caring, professional and effective this school is.

Last modified Shady Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.