Bad
Good

My daughter attended Walnut Ridge High School her freshman and sophomore year. I was very pleased with the teachers and office staff. If you look on the columbus city schools website Walnut Ridge has a video that speaks a great amount of truth.

I am now a sophomore at Walnut Ridge, and was actually supposed to be enrolled at Bishop Hartley. Coming to find out, Walnut Ridge has definitely changed the perception and has embedded a coat of excellence. The school is what any student could ask for in a great high school experience. The teachers are so involved, and give you morals to life, as well as great education with their multi teaching methods! I love the school, the administration, our new principal, and especially the staff. Walnut Ridge has become my family!

This school needs new administration! The administration does not care about these students! I have seen the school go from greatness to despair. How sad! There are some caring teaches but the faculty and staff who DO NOT CARE out number the ones who do. I blame the administration! The parent consutlants are not in touch with the parents, no PTA/PTO. No school spirit, they need to start over!!!!! The school has so much history that the current day leaders are ruining!!!!

I was a new student in 2007-08, my sophmore year. I came from a suburban school, Westerville to be exact, but Walnut Ridge was totally different. My first day at Walnut Ridge my mother literally dragged me out of the car and I cried the whole drive to school. I had never thought that Walnut Ridge would be the best school that I had ever attended. My old school in Westerville totally carried its students and at Walnut Ridge students have to push themselves. This is not a bad thing, this quality is essential to the survival of the student beyond high school. I learned to depend on no one but myself I also learned to go after whatever I wanted to do. This school has it's flaws just like every other school but Walnut Ridge gets WAY more negative press than we deserve.

My child is a 9th grade student and loves this school. My son use to hate science before going to Walnut Ridge. Mr. Edmonds is his biology teacher at Walnut Ridge and my son loves his class and is making A's and B's. Mr. Edmonds and my sons other teachers are in contact with me on a regular basis about my sons progress (be it good or bad). My sons school work is both challenging and engaging. I think some of his teachers, like Mr. Edmonds, are new to the school. As a parent I am glad to see that Walnut Ridge is making possitive strides for our childrens success.

too many fights and drugs at this school just in a bad neighborhood

I personally like the school. I saw the posting that gave such a negative view of the teachers and I have to disagree. I have had two of my son's teachers call me. One because she saw a decline in his behavior and his grades and she was concerned about him and wanted to be able to help. and the second was because he wanted to talk to my son and encourage him to do his work. Plus one of teachers there has really helped him with extra tutoring and help. this has brought up his confidence and now he is doing great. We need to stand behind the school. If we take pride in the school, the kids will too.

I think the teachers need to be more involved rather then just being there in body. I must say however I have noticed a great improvement in the school this school year but there are definitely things that need to change in the teachers within this school. If the teachers would step up and do there jobs I think it would make for an even better enviroment for the kids. Rather then standing by and watching things happen within the school or on school grounds and not saying anything something must be done.

The Principal,Teachers and Parents need to work together as one support the Students.

i am very impressed with this schools progress. they have really improved over theis school year. the teachers are great im just really impressed. i am always involved with my son and he said he wouldnt want to go anywhere else.

Last modified Walnut Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.