Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

all schools on westside get a bad review, I loved WEST, great teachers, sports, band ect...

As a former student of WHS, the senior choir president, thespian society president, Ensemble president and dance captain, gay/straight alliance president, and National Honor Society member, my experience at West was nothing short of amazing. I had excellent teachers (Duffner, Masters, Dodge, Wallace, Moore, Gear, Seimer) and never had problems in the school. I admit, I was a "popular" kid, and flew through everything academically (3.7-4.0 GPA), however, the support I received from both faculty AND involved parents in the school was phenomenal. My senior councelor, Robert Ramsey, helped myself and other students explore career choices, while all of my other teachers were very active and involved in my and others' collegiate endeavors. You truly have to be a sloth not to succeed at this school, as the teachers go the extra mile for their students. A+

I am a parent and my two sons went to West High School for a few months. Our situation was the bond issue not passing in Southwestern Schools. The coaches, teachers, and staff knew of our situation and I can say nothing but good things. My boys got to play football, received great grades, and loved going to West. The students were great and my sons met alot of new friends. We can say the same as parents. We were treated with respect, made alot of new friends in other parents at the games. When it came time that the boys switched back to their original school, we were wished the best and welcome back whenever we wanted. I wil always remember our time at West and will support them in anything they do. Go Cowboys!

west is the worst my son is a student at west he is a honor roll student also plays sports I FEAR HIM ATTENDING THIS SCHOOL.Thats why we are moving the teachers are awful they really do not care about teaching at all it is just a paycheck for them they need to repair the building and fire everyone and start over the drop out rate is high the school has been on lockdown twice this year awful school

West High has been the starting point for some remarkable people, Michael Redd,for one.

As a former student of West (2004-2006) I would not recommend this school to anyone. Although their extracurricular activities are awesome their academics are at a very low standard. I remember passing classes I didn't even attend. Along with this teachers treat the students with the utmost disrespect. If you've got one mark against you on your record it's enough to kill your whole credibility at West High School. As I said before I would not recommend this school.

I have heard many complaints in the past year or so about overt attempts to exclude parental involvement. It is certainly true that few opportunities exists and very little is publicised. This week are parent conferences and I had to call the school to find out when they were. The last parent newsletter was August--now it is November. It isn't fair to blame the parents when the school works so hard to send them away.

I too find that some of the teachers as well as the administration staff see all the children in this school as liars and troublemakers. I have two gifted students at this school & I feel as if I have made a grave mistake. The principal I tolerate, most of the teachers need to teach rather than try to be these kids friend all the time. I understand the lack of parental involvement since they make no attempt to notify parents of meetings.(except for the select few that agree with everything)I am not happy with the school, and we have tried to lottery into other schools with no luck. And unfortunately their home school is not any better.It was so sad my daughters went to their homecoming dance and left early because the students were dirty dancing(in the worst way) while the principal, several vice principals and teachers watched. Truly sad.

Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.