Posted November 16, 2013
My husband and I absolutely love Westgate. We actually just wish Westgate went to 8th or even 12th grade. My son actually cried last year when he had to leave to go to Middle School. My children LOVE it there, and the teachers and principal are AMAZING. We have our favorites, of course, Mrs Graham, Mr Thorn, Mrs Roston (no longer there), Mrs Mabry, and Mrs Steffes, all EXCEPTIONAL teachers. But so are all of the rest. My son was there 1st-5th and my daughter is there now in 3rd. And she loves going to school everyday. We wouldn't send our kids anywhere else. Westgate is the best in Columbus.

Westgate Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2011
I may have to recant my last post...I called to make sure everything was ok with my son's registration, and was told they weren't sure and would need to look into it and call me back the next day? How do you not know what is required for registration at the school you work at? This is AFTER I was told yesterday the admin staff is there from 8:30-3 prior to the school year beginning, and was met by only janitors when I arrived to register him at 8:40...I'm a working, single parent, and feel my time is being wasted!

Posted March 24, 2010
Great School, Great teachers, great staff. I love this school and have been so lucky to be as involved in the school as I have been. I can walk into the school at anytime and talk to the principal the teachers, even the custodian. The teachers encourage and actually love when parents come into the classroom and get involved. Last year I went to school for the day with my 2nd grader. It was great to see school from his point of view. I always get a little anxious when 'test scores' make it seem like Westgate is less than anything but a GREAT school. It really is a wonderful enviroment for learning and the students are NOT just another face in the crowd. I've seen the principal go thru a stack of pictures and name EVERY student in each picture.

Posted June 02, 2009

Posted November 27, 2006
Westgate is the physical education alternative school in the Columbus Public School District, so kids have phys ed 3 times a week -- a real health bonus and my children love it! The academic and administrative staff is superbly qualified and dedicated to the education of my children, and the extra-curricular instructors (art, music, phys ed) are exceptional. The programs extend beyond typical jump-roping, drawing and sing-a-longs to dynamic education in all aspects, providing in my opinion the most broad yet comprehensive and intensive educational experience we've found in the CPS district. Parents are involved, the principal is approachable and the character of the student body reflects the education they are receiving. One of the best you can find in the CPS.

Posted April 03, 2006
I think the Parent Consultants at this school do a great job. I also like that the teachers are very involved with the students.

Posted April 01, 2005
- a former student

Posted December 16, 2004
This is a great school if you want a school that is there pushing your child to the highest you have the right school if you have a gifted child they will keep them busy. sad to be leaving this year.

Posted August 22, 2004
My children have attended Westgate for four years now. This is the best school in the district. My son and daughter enjoy going to this school everyday. The teachers there are the best in the business. I would not have them go to another school but Westgate!

Posted April 30, 2004
My daughter is ending her first year at Westgate: Kindergarten. She (and we) have had a great experience. Her teacher, Marsha Burkholder is an award winning teacher who really cares about her students. Hope we are blessed with the same style of teaching in First Grade. The Sutton Family

Westgate Alternative Elementary School
3080 Wicklow Rd, Columbus, OH  43204
Last modified Westgate Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westgate Alternative Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.