Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My freshman son loves Whetstone. He was a shy boy but this school brought out the best in him. He was one of the 2014-2015 Academic Hall of Fame awardees. Received an Academic Varsity Letter and Certificate of Honor. He said there are not so good students ( what school has no? ) too but it really depends on our kids if they will give in to peer pressure. Love how Ms. Vega accommodates parents with their inquiries and what not. Mr. Cook is a great teacher. Based on our experience, I would recommend Whetstone. Glad my son went to this HS. Looking forward to seeing WHS help him grow and achieve his goals academically.

The school is unsafe and in a state of horrible transition. The administrative staff is lazy and has little to no control over the student body. The new (2012-2013) principal is in over her head. Academics are secondary due to the lack of discipline and students literally running, fighting and roaming the hallways all day long. If you believe in a quality education, should consider and investigate any other option. Quality teachers are few and far between, but even the quality teachers cannot control their classrooms due to lack of administrative support. Very disappointing and unexpected as many of our friends loved the school in prior years.

From what I'm reading the school's administration has been fudging the enrollment and attendance figures.

Both of my sons graduated from Whetstone and are now successful college students. I certainly agree with the other parent comment, solid school, outstanding leadership and staff in a great community. One of Columbus' best!

Most of the students that we see have the problems with behavior and language

My daughter graduated in 2008 from Whetstone. I am proud to say that Whetstone had the largest class in 25 years for the school and the largest class for Columbus city schools in 16 years. They must be doing something right. I now have a fresheman at whetstone. He is doing well so far and is actually excited. He is normally a very shy kid but is happy to be a part of the whetstone class of 2012

Solid school. Outstanding staff and leadership in a great community.

I'm a student entering my sophmore year at Whetstone, I have to say that I love this school! Our orchestra got went to a competition and recieved a one, which is the highest score we could get. I love the teachers, the students, the learning pace, the environment...everything. I would never change schools for anything.

I am currently a student attending Whetstone High School. I love the atmosphere at this school. Even though there are unfocused students there, I am very dedicated to my school career. The music program is excellent. I am a member of the marching band, concert band, softball team, and DECA. All the pupils in these groups are gifted in every single way. The teachers are dedicated, and they are definitely worth the time at school. The administrators keep the school very safe, and I do not feel in any danger at all.

The education I received from the college prep classes was great and the teachers truly do care about their students. I did cheerleading, DECA, Newspaper, and our debate team, JSA Braves and feel like these programs were all great. Many of my classmates continued onto OSU and other upper-level colleges with scholarships. I never once worried about my safety at Whetstone and, although I loved Mrs. Norman, since we have the new principal things are really improving. Whetstone has a good reputation and continues to grow as a better school.

Last modified Whetstone High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.