Columbus, OH
Students enrolled: 1,027

Whetstone High School 1

Posted May 24, 2013
The school is unsafe and in a state of horrible transition. The administrative staff is lazy and has little to no control over the student body. The new (2012-2013) principal is in over her head. Academics are secondary due to the lack of discipline and students literally running, fighting and roaming the hallways all day long. If you believe in a quality education, should consider and investigate any other option. Quality teachers are few and far between, but even the quality teachers cannot control their classrooms due to lack of administrative support. Very disappointing and unexpected as many of our friends loved the school in prior years.

Whetstone High School 1

Posted August 14, 2012
From what I'm reading the school's administration has been fudging the enrollment and attendance figures.

Posted October 07, 2011
Both of my sons graduated from Whetstone and are now successful college students. I certainly agree with the other parent comment, solid school, outstanding leadership and staff in a great community. One of Columbus' best!

Posted January 07, 2009
Most of the students that we see have the problems with behavior and language

Posted September 10, 2008
My daughter graduated in 2008 from Whetstone. I am proud to say that Whetstone had the largest class in 25 years for the school and the largest class for Columbus city schools in 16 years. They must be doing something right. I now have a fresheman at whetstone. He is doing well so far and is actually excited. He is normally a very shy kid but is happy to be a part of the whetstone class of 2012

Posted September 09, 2008
Solid school. Outstanding staff and leadership in a great community.

Posted July 05, 2008
I'm a student entering my sophmore year at Whetstone, I have to say that I love this school! Our orchestra got went to a competition and recieved a one, which is the highest score we could get. I love the teachers, the students, the learning pace, the environment...everything. I would never change schools for anything.

Posted May 19, 2008
I am currently a student attending Whetstone High School. I love the atmosphere at this school. Even though there are unfocused students there, I am very dedicated to my school career. The music program is excellent. I am a member of the marching band, concert band, softball team, and DECA. All the pupils in these groups are gifted in every single way. The teachers are dedicated, and they are definitely worth the time at school. The administrators keep the school very safe, and I do not feel in any danger at all.

Whetstone High School 4

Posted February 05, 2008
The education I received from the college prep classes was great and the teachers truly do care about their students. I did cheerleading, DECA, Newspaper, and our debate team, JSA Braves and feel like these programs were all great. Many of my classmates continued onto OSU and other upper-level colleges with scholarships. I never once worried about my safety at Whetstone and, although I loved Mrs. Norman, since we have the new principal things are really improving. Whetstone has a good reputation and continues to grow as a better school.

Whetstone High School 4

Posted November 02, 2007
I have a son attending Whetstone. He is now a junior. He is involved in athletics, the band and other activities. This school has made dramatic changes over the past two years. The new principal has brought about dramatic changes. I was ready to move my son from Whetstone two years ago, but I decided to give the new principal a chance and see what would happen. The school today is safe and improving the academic challenges for students. My son has homework now and he is challenged in his work. He tells me he feels safe and that is a big difference from what he use to tell me two yers ago. As a parent I some really good things happening. We are staying at Whetstone and I will be sending my daughter next year.

4405 Scenic Dr, Columbus, OH  43214
Last modified Whetstone High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whetstone High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top