Bad
Good

Posted March 22, 2014
My daughter has loved Winterset for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. Her kindergarten teacher Miss Eichman was awesome! The principal and secretary are always so sweet and available when I need them. Parent involvement opportunities has improved this year! The only complaint I would have were a couple of bus drivers we had last year.:

Posted December 28, 2013
I love this school. My daughter has gone to Kindergarten and 1st grade here. Both of her teachers have been extremely nice, and are great at working at each child's level. Mrs. Sparks and Mrs. Tracy are both very receptive to any and all issues that come up from day to day. I will be sad when we move this summer, as will my daughter.

Winterset Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2012
I personally am surprised by all of the good ratings for this school. I will agree that the curriculum is great and seems to be communicated well to the students however I had a terrible experience with the staff. I found my daughter's kindergarten teacher to be very difficult to work with and a little rude. The principal and secretary were also rude. My daughter told me that on more than one occasion she was being bullied by a group of children and when asked where the teacher was during the incidents she stated that they were inside having a meeting. A school bus driver misunderstood my 5 year old daughter to be making an obscene hand gesture (which afterwards we confirmed she did not even know the meaning of) and screamed at her and by the time they reached the bus stop she was unable to speak for sobbing. I was sent no notification of "picture day" and therefore did not know to send money to the school so as all of the children had pictures made and were given lollipops, my daughter was made to sit in the corner and watch and received no treat just because she had not brought money. I am quite thrilled that I no longer have to send my child to this school.

Posted May 24, 2011
Love the school and the staff there..My son enjoys going to Winterset...Will miss this school since we are moving...My son already misses it before moving only..I worked with the PTA here and enjoyed every bit of it....Thank you all for all the help....All the best for your future...

Posted March 30, 2008
Great school! Super teachers! The teachers care about the kids and go above and beyond what they 'have' to do. I can't say enough about how great the staff is. This school is in a great area, the kids love learning and get along great. This school does very well on the state report card. I highly recommend sending your child to Winterset Elementary!

Winterset Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2006
Excellent school with excellent leadership! Wonderful opportunities for extracurricular activities when most schools are cutting back. A safe place for learning.

Posted September 01, 2006
Music, clubs, high academic standards, and friends from just about everywhere in the world convinced me to drive my girls to Winterset, so they could stay, even after we moved to a 'more reputable' suburban school district. It is a great school!

Posted August 06, 2006
What an awesome school! My son is currently in 4th grade and my daughter went here from K-5. High expectations from staff and parents. Heavy parental involvement and very active PTA. Great school in a district with a bad rep. Don't pass it up!!

Posted July 21, 2006
I have 8 yr old twins, one Autistic, who have attended here for three years now. They have both soared academicaly. We are very proud! Winterset has a very friendly, professional caring staff & Excellent Principal. I highly recommend this school. Two thumbs way up! :)

Winterset Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
My daughter is a 3rd grader at Winterset Elementary. This school gives a lot of oppurtunity for kids to get involved in extra curricular activities along with academics.

Winterset Elementary School
4776 Winterset Dr, Columbus, OH  43220
Last modified Winterset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.