Bad
Good

My daughter has loved Winterset for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. Her kindergarten teacher Miss Eichman was awesome! The principal and secretary are always so sweet and available when I need them. Parent involvement opportunities has improved this year! The only complaint I would have were a couple of bus drivers we had last year.:

I love this school. My daughter has gone to Kindergarten and 1st grade here. Both of her teachers have been extremely nice, and are great at working at each child's level. Mrs. Sparks and Mrs. Tracy are both very receptive to any and all issues that come up from day to day. I will be sad when we move this summer, as will my daughter.

I personally am surprised by all of the good ratings for this school. I will agree that the curriculum is great and seems to be communicated well to the students however I had a terrible experience with the staff. I found my daughter's kindergarten teacher to be very difficult to work with and a little rude. The principal and secretary were also rude. My daughter told me that on more than one occasion she was being bullied by a group of children and when asked where the teacher was during the incidents she stated that they were inside having a meeting. A school bus driver misunderstood my 5 year old daughter to be making an obscene hand gesture (which afterwards we confirmed she did not even know the meaning of) and screamed at her and by the time they reached the bus stop she was unable to speak for sobbing. I was sent no notification of "picture day" and therefore did not know to send money to the school so as all of the children had pictures made and were given lollipops, my daughter was made to sit in the corner and watch and received no treat just because she had not brought money. I am quite thrilled that I no longer have to send my child to this school.

Love the school and the staff there..My son enjoys going to Winterset...Will miss this school since we are moving...My son already misses it before moving only..I worked with the PTA here and enjoyed every bit of it....Thank you all for all the help....All the best for your future...

Great school! Super teachers! The teachers care about the kids and go above and beyond what they 'have' to do. I can't say enough about how great the staff is. This school is in a great area, the kids love learning and get along great. This school does very well on the state report card. I highly recommend sending your child to Winterset Elementary!

Excellent school with excellent leadership! Wonderful opportunities for extracurricular activities when most schools are cutting back. A safe place for learning.

Last modified Winterset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.