Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School 2

Posted December 31, 2013
Fort Hayes High School is the ultimate contradiction. They preach a self satisfying message of creation, hard work, and college readiness, but then continuously take measures to work against this. The teachers are a sole bright spot in this otherwise piss poor institution. The problem is Fort Hayes forces them to set the bar extremely low. I currently take two AP classes, both of which have been forced to slow the curriculum down to a crawl in order to appease the majority of students who can not for the life of them grasp the material. In my AP Government class such questions like "What is the electoral college?" and "What is a Democrat?" are frequently asked and my teacher is forced to slow down the class to cover basic material rather than preparing us for the AP exam. There is a reason why 48% of kids take the exam at Fort Hayes and only 17% pass, they let anyone into the classes without any type of requisite. There is absolutely no standard of excellence being set at this school so far as I can tell. The administrators are self serious, condescending, pretentious, and are not taken seriously by the faculty, in most cases they are mocked by the teachers in class. DONT GO!

Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School 1

Posted January 11, 2013
this school has no sports it is just a school with all talk no work gets done.Do not send your kids here!

Posted October 02, 2012
I am a graduate from Fort Hayes. I graduated in 2011. The attention I got from the teachers and staff there definitely changed my course in life to a much more positive path by opening my mind to new ideas by using the arts. I was always involved in some sort of club or activity that kept me focused and motivated to have a successful high school career leading into a successful college career. I am now at on of the top private art colleges in the U.S. If it wasn't for Fort Hayes and the amazing teachers who sheltered me and cared I wouldn't have found my calling for the arts.

Posted July 26, 2012
This is going to be my 3rd year at Fort Hayes, and I still love it. A lot of people complain that the workload is too much or that the teachers aren't good, but honestly they don't realize how lucky they are. For being a public school, the arts are good (especially the acting and dance programs), the teachers in generally try their hardest, and the principal tries to bring as much diversity and opportunity to all of us as he can. If you or your child is interested in the arts as well as a good education I would highly recommend scheduling a tour or looking into the Fort.

Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School 4

Posted September 11, 2010
To the student who reviewed before me, welcome to high school. It's a college prep school so of course there's a lot of work. You just have to be responsible enough to get it in. Otherwise, you'll be eaten alive your first year (that is if you even plan on it). And it is definitely not boring. If you got involved more, you would see this school has a ton of fun stuff. My only complaint is the principal and the assistant principal who show arrogance when it comes to mentioning the school.

Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School 1

Posted March 16, 2010
This school is the most boring school i have ever been at they just shove work at you and if you miss something your grade goes down 2 grades so they are mean and strick!

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted October 26, 2009

Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School 4

Posted October 03, 2009
arts based, college prep high school. great program, great teachers.

Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Education program is definitely geered to help children succeed

Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School
546 Jack Gibbs Blvd, Columbus, OH  43215
Last modified Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Hayes Arts And Academic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews.