Forest Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 03, 2013
I love Forest Park and the children in the building. We have a strong staff. We try to work hard for what is best for each student. I am proud to teach at Forest Park. I am proud of the children at Forest Park and families that want the best for their children.

Forest Park Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2013
This is a horrible school. The administration is a joke. There are only a handful of teachers who actually care and want to help students learn. The rest are tired, angry birds, with a "collect my paycheck" and go home mentality. There is little to no academic rigor or creativity among the teaching staff. There is no air conditioning in the school, yet they have air in the admin office. Who can learn when it is 90+ degrees in the building? There seems to be no accountability for excellence from the staff or the students. If you expect little, then that is what you are going to get! Forest Park is a working class community and it is a shame that kids in this neighborhood get the short-end of the education stick. Granted, parents must be involved and care about their child's education just as much anyone else, but when you have teachers that seem to hate children and everything about their job, kids can pick-up on that negative vibe and become less likely to participate. Where in the heck is the school board? Why is a school like this allowed to exist in 2013?

Forest Park Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2012
We moved our family to Forest Park 3 years ago and was excitied for son to attend FPE. At first everything was great, he had a great k teacher, after that has seemed to get a good teacher every other year. The school seems to favor its female students and write off the male students. The communication is aweful and no one seems to care about your child. I am the first to admit that my son could be a better student even with our involvement, he can be marginal at best at times. Yet I have never seem a 8 year who does not have any motivation to go to school. This is not only for FPE but for all of CPS, where is the fun and excitement of school. I will be moving my son soon to find a school who Cares and can provide for his individual needs.

Forest Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2009

Forest Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 19, 2008

Posted January 21, 2008

Forest Park Elementary School 0

Posted July 07, 2007
The teachers at this school work extrememly hard, and they want the best for the students. I just wish that they had a better school facility- this school is just too small, and there is no room for growth until a new school is built! Too many teachers are on a cart- art, music, etc. However- I am thrilled my kids attend Forest Park- it is a gem for Columbus Public Schools. Again, the teachers are great.

Forest Park Elementary School 5

Posted June 02, 2007
This is a great school and the students are great my kids attend this school and I love it these other reviews are old and this school has improved!!

Posted April 27, 2006
This is quite a busy school and really works hard to keep the students learning. The parking is non-exsistent - staff and teachers are nice, but there are some poorly behaved children at this school.

Posted January 23, 2005
Unfortunately, I agree that this school is going downhill. When I asked for specific help for my child for a possible learning disability I was told it is too much paperwork to fill out and they didn't agree with me that there was a problem. I have transferred my son to another school outside the school district and am proud to say he, along with his two brothers, is doing great! They now begin their homework without being asked and their grades have gone up. They also are getting the opportunity to learn a foreign language which will greatly help them when they enter into college. I too felt there was no parental involvement or discipline. I do believe it is due to overcrowding and teachers are expected to perform miracles but don't have the tools to accomplish their tasks.

Forest Park Elementary School
5535 Sandalwood Blvd, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Forest Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.