Bad
Good

my great nephew attends this school. I have nothing negative to say about this school, I only have concerns for the safety of students. My great nephew is 6 years old, he was a victim of bullying. Happens at all schools but the difference here was the adult in charge (teacher). The student was told to "suck it up and rub it out" when the teacher was presented the facts of bullying. Student has a broken collar bone. No actions were taken for these events. Learning is the goal, can it be achieved if fears exist for the safety of a child? This happen yesterday and was not the only time it happened. Days earlier he was attacked. No actions were taken. Children cannot learn when in fear.

My views of Forest Park Elementary strongly differs from that parent who seems to be an "Angry Bird" themself, lashing out. My daughter attended Forest Park Elementary from Kindergarten to 5th grade and she was an outstanding student throughout. I found the teachers there to be warm and friendly and cared about the students success. My son also attended Forest Park Elementary Kindergaten but did not do as well as my daughter. Should I blame this on the teacher and Staff? I think not. Student learn differently and what I have found in life is that you get as much as you are willing to put in. I do find that it is an environment where kids who are self motivated and driven do better in, and are more likely to succeed and kids who are not may be prone to fail. Therefore my only recommendation would be that the staff and heads of this school work on implementing programs that will help failing kids to do better. I had to remove my son after kindergarten because he did so poorly. But I would say Forest Elementary is a great school, in terms of providing a safe environment for it's students and overall effort to succeed as a school.

I love Forest Park and the children in the building. We have a strong staff. We try to work hard for what is best for each student. I am proud to teach at Forest Park. I am proud of the children at Forest Park and families that want the best for their children.

This is a horrible school. The administration is a joke. There are only a handful of teachers who actually care and want to help students learn. The rest are tired, angry birds, with a "collect my paycheck" and go home mentality. There is little to no academic rigor or creativity among the teaching staff. There is no air conditioning in the school, yet they have air in the admin office. Who can learn when it is 90+ degrees in the building? There seems to be no accountability for excellence from the staff or the students. If you expect little, then that is what you are going to get! Forest Park is a working class community and it is a shame that kids in this neighborhood get the short-end of the education stick. Granted, parents must be involved and care about their child's education just as much anyone else, but when you have teachers that seem to hate children and everything about their job, kids can pick-up on that negative vibe and become less likely to participate. Where in the heck is the school board? Why is a school like this allowed to exist in 2013?

We moved our family to Forest Park 3 years ago and was excitied for son to attend FPE. At first everything was great, he had a great k teacher, after that has seemed to get a good teacher every other year. The school seems to favor its female students and write off the male students. The communication is aweful and no one seems to care about your child. I am the first to admit that my son could be a better student even with our involvement, he can be marginal at best at times. Yet I have never seem a 8 year who does not have any motivation to go to school. This is not only for FPE but for all of CPS, where is the fun and excitement of school. I will be moving my son soon to find a school who Cares and can provide for his individual needs.

The teachers at this school work extrememly hard, and they want the best for the students. I just wish that they had a better school facility- this school is just too small, and there is no room for growth until a new school is built! Too many teachers are on a cart- art, music, etc. However- I am thrilled my kids attend Forest Park- it is a gem for Columbus Public Schools. Again, the teachers are great.

This is a great school and the students are great my kids attend this school and I love it these other reviews are old and this school has improved!!

Last modified Forest Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.