Posted February 14, 2012
I love Oakmont. My son has been here for 3 years and I want to thank Mrs. Hatcher and the staff of Oakmont for all their love and dedication for the young people. Parent involvement can be a lot better. I'm dedicated to helping in anyway that I can as a parent to help build a stronger community and relationship between parent and teacher.

Oakmont Elementary School 2

Posted June 11, 2011
My children spent K-5 at Oakmont. I was extremely disappointed with the Math teachings this year, not to mention the fact that when students were or should have been studying and being tutored for OAA's, they were making quilts for Social Studies class. No tutoring was offered to prepare these children for Reading and Math. I don't feel my son was prepared to move onto the 6th grade in Math class, and the sad part is that he would have been sent to Yorktown, and passed along like some of the students there. I am happy to say that both my children went through Oakmont, and are looking for a better year at NEW schools. I really miss Mrs. Sandra Wilson, things were very different when she was principal. I would like to see all Columbus Schools utilize College students and interns from CSCC, and/or OSU.....I promise these interns would love the extra hours for their future endeavors.

Oakmont Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2008

Oakmont Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2007
The only problem I have with the school this year-- I think the teachers are afraid of the principal. Yes, Amber Hatcher is different than Sandy Wilson. The teachers probably think they have to prove themselves to her. There are some teachers who might be trying to hard and may be making the kids angry. Maybe if the lines of communication were open a little more wit hthe parents, kids would have more fun at school. Yes, it's a bit more cramped than it has been, but we'll make do.

Oakmont Elementary School 0

Posted July 22, 2007
my 2 kids went to oakmont from k-5 grade, and i was on the ota board and the parent involvement was to a zero, the kids did have a good 5 years while we were there,and the teachers are the best, i still keep in touch with thwm. and good luck to mrs. wilson. i hope with a new school the parents will come to help the kids have a good year , all i can say parents get to know what your kids are doing in school be involved.

Oakmont Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2007

Posted May 02, 2007
- a former student

Posted April 20, 2007

Posted April 22, 2005
I am more than pleased with this school. All 3 of my children have went to this school and the quality of education that is provided is exellent. They strongly encourage parent involvment and go out of thier way to provide oppertunities for parents to meet after school even for drinks. The principle is great she has a strong and firm hand when it comes to nhow things are but she is the first person to take your child aside and praise them for a job well done. The teachers my children have had have been wonderful if they find someone having a hard time they step up and work with them. it is a great enviroment for children to grow and learn and the leadership of hte principle and teachers are wonderful.

Oakmont Elementary School
5666 Oakmont Dr, Columbus, OH  43232
Last modified Oakmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakmont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.