Bad
Good

Hi I'm Jaden Turner I used to go to Oakmont Elementary school in k-3. I had so much fun here. I miss my friends and all of my wonderful teachers.

I love Oakmont. My son has been here for 3 years and I want to thank Mrs. Hatcher and the staff of Oakmont for all their love and dedication for the young people. Parent involvement can be a lot better. I'm dedicated to helping in anyway that I can as a parent to help build a stronger community and relationship between parent and teacher.

My children spent K-5 at Oakmont. I was extremely disappointed with the Math teachings this year, not to mention the fact that when students were or should have been studying and being tutored for OAA's, they were making quilts for Social Studies class. No tutoring was offered to prepare these children for Reading and Math. I don't feel my son was prepared to move onto the 6th grade in Math class, and the sad part is that he would have been sent to Yorktown, and passed along like some of the students there. I am happy to say that both my children went through Oakmont, and are looking for a better year at NEW schools. I really miss Mrs. Sandra Wilson, things were very different when she was principal. I would like to see all Columbus Schools utilize College students and interns from CSCC, and/or OSU.....I promise these interns would love the extra hours for their future endeavors.

The only problem I have with the school this year-- I think the teachers are afraid of the principal. Yes, Amber Hatcher is different than Sandy Wilson. The teachers probably think they have to prove themselves to her. There are some teachers who might be trying to hard and may be making the kids angry. Maybe if the lines of communication were open a little more wit hthe parents, kids would have more fun at school. Yes, it's a bit more cramped than it has been, but we'll make do.

my 2 kids went to oakmont from k-5 grade, and i was on the ota board and the parent involvement was to a zero, the kids did have a good 5 years while we were there,and the teachers are the best, i still keep in touch with thwm. and good luck to mrs. wilson. i hope with a new school the parents will come to help the kids have a good year , all i can say parents get to know what your kids are doing in school be involved.

Last modified Oakmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.