Bad
Good

Grandview Heights High School 3

Posted April 06, 2016
Coming from a Catholic school and the time frame being the mid fifties, I easily made friends and enjoyed that aspect of Grandview. My problem was the teachers. If your parents were active in the school, volunteering or whatever you were treated very special. Also if your older siblings had gone to Grandview you were treated with much affection and as if you were part of the schools legacy. Being Catholic and having a widowed father who did his best I was considered "different ". The majority of teachers had been there for years and were old school in their teaching techniques. I struggled with Algebra and my freshman algebra teacher NEVER took me aside to offer any helpful suggestions. She just made it easy on herself and failed me whereas I learned more from those few months in summer school than I ever learned at Grandview. I once was called over by a teacher in study hall and asked quote, "why did you come to Grandview?? Why didn't you go to a Catholic School. Very hurtful for a 15 year old. I In my adult years I taught school and my goal was to treat every student like they were each very special and many times offered my help to any student that was struggling by staying after school to help them. Grandview teachers made me feel like I was a slow learner and treated me with indifference. It took many years for me realize that I was smart and very capable. By the way my 3 children all have advanced degrees and have make me very proud. Grandview high school did not help me in anyway.. It was my my dear Grandview friends who enriched my life NOT GHS!!

Grandview Heights High School 1

Posted June 14, 2013
The wealthy and connected parents make sure their kids get everything. If you are not a sports superstar or are doing something that makes the school look good you get ignored. A small school in a small town with people trying to impress others and out for their own interests. The school doesn't do much to prepare students for life outside the Grandview bubble.

Grandview Heights High School

Posted December 14, 2008
Great teachers, building is old and needs updating

Grandview Heights High School 5

Posted November 03, 2003
My broher and I, both went through the schools in Grandview Heights and loved every minute there! They have a great school with kind caring teachers and staff. I want to raise my kids there.

Grandview Heights High School
1587 West 3rd Ave, Columbus, OH  43212
Last modified Grandview Heights High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.