Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Because they are afraid of the principal so they don't look out or care for the students

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students are bullies and the principal lies openly to parents and students, so how can they be honest to each other when the principal lies to the students.

Loved it, you learn a lot there!! They even teach you about what to expect about college

The CCSPG School sounded great for this day is age. A few things don't seem right. Schools have a Secretary and one of the jobs of a secretary is to answer the telephone. A recording stating that they will get back to you in 24 hours is just not right. What if it was an emergency? I observed the people in the office and there is no reason to not answer a telephone. I like the strictness and the push behind the learning part. I think also in talking to parents and other adults a few need to talk to you in your level as an adult and not as someone just a bit better than you attitude. Over all it appears to be good so far but we will take this as it comes each day.

I am impressed so far. My cousin has had no complaints about the school. She says its not that bad!!!!

My daughter attends CCPSG and I am mixed about my review of this school. I agree that the school is disorganized (such as invitations to special programs offered to students from outside sources are "lost" and not given to students in time to be able to participate). The principal and office staff do not return phone calls to parents in a timely manner (if at all). Now, the teachers that my daughter has had I am happy with. They communicate effectively with the parents and give individual attention when requested by the students. The gifted and talented program is excellent. The staff for this program go above and beyond expectations to make sure that the parents are kept informed and offer many field trip opportunities to colleges and off site locations for academic enrichment. This school is a lottery school, meaning that you choose for your child to attend. When I enrolled my daughter, my expectations were high and unfortunately have been disappointed in my decision. If the gifted and talented staff and department were not what they are, I would withdraw my daughter and have her attend another school. My rating is average, all things considered.

This may appear to be a great school at first, but, it goes MUCH deeper. The students cause a LOT of drama, having seen it first hand. We ARE, however, good with academics, but that is really the only difference. Students cause trouble, and are disrespectful, plus, this school is a bit unorganized.

As a teacher at this school, I have to say that it is an incredible place of learning. The principal effectively runs the school, and the staff is second to none. Walking in, you would think you were at a private school, not an inner-city urban middle schools. The girls definitely embrace the schools' motto of "Well Read, Well Spoken, and Poised." Test scores rival any other school in the district. Our gifted and talent program is simply amazing. This school is an excellent option for parents of girls in Columbus City Schools.

Last modified Columbus City Preparatory School For Girls is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.