Public charter
Columbus, OH
After care: No

Columbus Collegiate Academy 5

Posted June 04, 2014
CCA has been our lifeline. As a concerned parent with little time to support my daughter in school I rely heavily on her school to take care of her. CCAs longer school day with opportunities to stay after school makes my life easier. My daughter did struggle with the academics early on, but the teachers were always there for her. They even answered her phone calls at night. I love CCA and don't know what I would do without them.

Columbus Collegiate Academy 1

Posted December 05, 2013
This school has been a great disappointment to my husband and I. I was impressed with the information I received during the home visit and the orientation we attended. The screening process prior to enrollment seemed very thorough. I believed that this new structure would give my child a great beginning as she entered middle school. However, during the times I have visited this school during school hours to pick my child up for appointments, there seems to be a high number of students on ICS (in class suspension), my daughter has repeatedly been verbally bullied on school grounds and hit in the face twice by the same person on the bus ride home with little consequences faced. Instead of a "structured" environment, this school's approach towards these issues seems to be too passive for this population of students in this area. My daughter has had problems concentrating in class because of the classroom size and the disruptions from students With their behavioral issues. I am sadden that I have to look for another school for my child.
2 people found this helpful

Columbus Collegiate Academy 5

Posted March 27, 2011
CCA has a tigorous curriculum, structured environment, a wide-range of classes and extracurriculars, and proven academic success. The teachers and administrators work relentlessly to ensure every child achieves academic excellence. You could not ask for a better learning environment for your child.

Columbus Collegiate Academy
1469 E. Main Street, Columbus, OH  43205
Last modified Columbus Collegiate Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbus Collegiate Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top