Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 08, 2015
CCA has a very disciplined environment in which the children seem to thrive. Personal responsibility and character are taught as much as academics. At first I was a bit annoyed by all the rules, but I began to see the benefits. Their philosophy is to "sweat the small stuff so you don't get to the big stuff". I have visited the school many times during school hours and always found it to be quiet and peaceful. The children seemed engaged and happy. My friend's daughter was being seriously bullied at her public school, so I suggested CCA. She enrolled her this year and even though CCA is much harder (including more homework) she loves it and just recently posted on Facebook saying that her time at CCA has been "the best days of her life". The staff is so helpful and friendly. It is obvious that the teachers care about the children. My child was having trouble keeping up before she started school in this system. I have no idea how they did it, but after just one year she was ahead of the game. She loves the school and actually looks forward to going there. I couldn't be happier or more impressed with this school system.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 08, 2015
My daughter started behind and is now ahead of her grade level. I was very impressed by that.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 08, 2015
At first I thought it was way too much, but we all got used to it. I will say that I rarely thought it was just busy work. It did help her grow and let me know how and what she was learning.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 08, 2015
The children are rewarded and recognized for hard work, grit, wonder....and one other thing I can't recall at the moment.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 08, 2015
Respect is something they talk to the kids all the time. My daughter has learned a lot about respect.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted September 08, 2015
I think they try to with culture camp and the way they address student issues

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 08, 2015
They begin the year with what they call culture camp. And character and hard work is a big part of their lessons.

Posted June 04, 2014
CCA has been our lifeline. As a concerned parent with little time to support my daughter in school I rely heavily on her school to take care of her. CCAs longer school day with opportunities to stay after school makes my life easier. My daughter did struggle with the academics early on, but the teachers were always there for her. They even answered her phone calls at night. I love CCA and don't know what I would do without them.

Columbus Collegiate Academy 1

Posted December 05, 2013
This school has been a great disappointment to my husband and I. I was impressed with the information I received during the home visit and the orientation we attended. The screening process prior to enrollment seemed very thorough. I believed that this new structure would give my child a great beginning as she entered middle school. However, during the times I have visited this school during school hours to pick my child up for appointments, there seems to be a high number of students on ICS (in class suspension), my daughter has repeatedly been verbally bullied on school grounds and hit in the face twice by the same person on the bus ride home with little consequences faced. Instead of a "structured" environment, this school's approach towards these issues seems to be too passive for this population of students in this area. My daughter has had problems concentrating in class because of the classroom size and the disruptions from students With their behavioral issues. I am sadden that I have to look for another school for my child.

Posted March 27, 2011
CCA has a tigorous curriculum, structured environment, a wide-range of classes and extracurriculars, and proven academic success. The teachers and administrators work relentlessly to ensure every child achieves academic excellence. You could not ask for a better learning environment for your child.

1469 E. Main Street, Columbus, OH  43205
Last modified Columbus Collegiate Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbus Collegiate Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top