Posted September 12, 2014
My children have been attending Patriot for three years now. I could not be happier with my decision to enroll them there. The principal and the teachers have been very involved. I have teachers personally talking to my children to help motivate them and encourage them to do better. The principal implements positive behaviors and I think this is very important in a school. The children are rewarded each quarter for good behavior and good grades. I have been extremely happy with ALL of the teachers that my children have had. I have to disagree with some of the others stating that the principal only cares about discipline and dress code. The principal and the teachers have worked hard to work with my children and help them succeed. The school is small and does not offer a great athletic department because of its size. I would recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a school that has a compassionate staff that care about your children's accomplishments and are willing to work with your child to help them better succeed.

Posted May 15, 2014
My child will be completing their kindergarten year soon and this year has been filled with many challenges. They have excelled academically with little to no praise from staff at Patriot Preparatory Academy. The staff has placed an unreasonable amount of emphasis on uniform policy and discipline ; and have been completely negligent in recognizing consistent honor roll students! I understand the importance of children understanding that there are consequences for disruptive behavior; but again they are 5 and 6. How much harsh discipline will you enforce on these young minds without any positive reinforcement . This has completely destroyed my child's confidence and excitement to attend school daily. The school enforces harsh measures of behavior modification that is non effective. My expectation was that my child would be praised for their great behavior and academics ; and redirected to better decision making when they fall off course ( as most 5/6 year olds will do). There have been many instances where they have overreacted and have been quick to use harsh measures of discipline. Children should be praised constantly and redirect to more positive behavior.

Posted September 21, 2013
I am very disappointed in this school this year. My children attended this school when it was Liberty Christian Academy, and the first year of it becoming Patriot Prep. After moving out of state and returning after a year, I re-enrolled my children because of our previous experiences. Now, I could not be unhappier. The work that my children are completing is two years behind grade level at best. The teachers do not seem to have any idea of how to implement a rigorous curriculum, and the resources are very dated. The school's principal seems to be more concerned with discipline and whether the students' are in proper uniforms than what is going on in the classroom. I will be taking my children out of this school at the end of the quarter. My warning to anyone considering this school: Please reconsider!!

Posted September 04, 2013
This is the third year of my students being at Patriot and I am disappointed how it went from a family friendly school with an open door policy to a locked down prison where parents are not welcomed during the day. Academics are lacking this year at the middle and high school levels because no books were ordered for certain math and science classes. Teachers are not as friendly this year and the principal does not want parents involved at all. The security cameras and locked doors are to keep parents out of the school. We are pulling our kids out at the end of this year and are not coming back. This public charter school is not better than the local Columbus City Schools.

Posted July 13, 2013
My school can buy medals, new security doors, new door designs, and security cameras that watch our every move, but can't buy better A/C's because it is hot in the spring and summer time and cold in the winter and fall time. plus walls that look like they can break any time. plus unclean bathrooms and an unfriendly janitor who needs a chill pill.

Posted June 03, 2013
My child completed her first year (Kindergarten) at Patriot. My intention was to send her there for one year, only to take advantage of "All Day Kindergarten," since Pickerington does not offer that. I was so surprised and impressed by Patriot's dedication and attentiveness to each student. Patriot is a school that implements academics, morality, unity, and security/safety. From drop-off to pick-up, my child was addressed by name and always with a smile. Moreover, the entire graduating class earned either all As or all As and Bs! Sports teams for even the Kindergarten students and all-day access to my child's teacher via email were favorable! The Patriot staff reminds me of the good ole days - the time when teachers noticeably cared about the students' overall well-being. Teachers were both educators and guardians; parents and teachers were on the same team and with the same goal; and trust and respect were genuine and mutual. My child is excited about going to first grade, but she is sad about leaving her Kindergarten teacher (Mrs. Peterson). Sorry Pickerington, but we will continue with Patriot Prep: My child and I are very pleased with the school and their mission!

Posted June 18, 2012
I could not have asked for a better solution for my son and his education. He faces challenges with his ADHD and ODD. Mr. Tucker and Mr's Peterson had their hands full this year, bless their hearts. When he was tested this time last year, they were worried that he would not have made it through the year successfully. We all worked very hard and he passed with honors, all A's. This school not only is geared toward academics and ensuring that every child gets everything that they can out of attending this school, but they are geared on morals, ethics, and integrity where you will find your typical public school lacking. Our family is so grateful for having found PPA, and have chosen this school for our children again this year and will continue in the future. I recommend this school to everyone when they ask how we pulled through with Anthony, we could NOT have done it without all the support that he had there at PPA. They are wonderful and we are very blessed to have them in our lives. My son adores them all

Patriot Preparatory Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2012
The teachers and staff in this school are excellent. They work closely with parents as a team in order to help the student reach their very best academically. I enjoy that all four of my children can attend the same school (they range from 5 to 14), as it's much easier when they are all on the same school calendar. As much as I like this school, I gave it only 4 stars as I wish it had more options for sports for my kids.

Posted June 04, 2012
This school has been a great school for my two children acedemically and socially the teachers were great. I would really recommend this school to any parent looking for a good charter school for their children.

Patriot Preparatory Academy 2

Posted May 31, 2012
I am a grandparent . My concern is with the physical interior appearance of the school. The walls need paint and repairing of baseboards especially in some classrooms. The fabric on the walls in the gym is frayed and and in my opinion should be removed. I recently became aware of the music room downstairs, to walk down those steps and be greeted by dirty walls and floor is very depressing, The music room is also very depressing. I find it a shame that students have to enter such a depressing area. I know that the budget will probably not allow any work to be done and that is very sad.I just feel that all children should be able to go to a school that reflects a little more concern about the interior appearance. Please note that my review reflects only the physical appearance. Thank you for your time.

Patriot Preparatory Academy
4938 Beatrice Dr, Columbus, OH  43227
Last modified Patriot Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patriot Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.