Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Walsh Jesuit High School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
Academics are quite strong. Students come from a wide range of areas, which makes socializing outside of school difficult for many. Student body seems made up mostly of cliques. Athletics are decent, especially the female sports programs and baseball. Politics are heavily involved in most all of the school's decisions. Support staff is virtually nonexistent. IEP's? No. They have unlicensed people in some positions, though the teachers for the most part are highly effective.

Posted January 17, 2014
As a current WJ student,I can proudly say that this is one of the best schools out there. I am not Catholic and I came from a public school. I thought it was going to be very strict and religious, but it only is if you choose it to be. The teachers are open and always offer help. There are several little rooms scattered around that always have at lease one teacher in them to help you. The athletics are good and the coaches are great and friendly. There're the normal "cliques" but everyone hangs out with everyone and no one judges you, at all! All the programs are great. The grading scale did take a little getting use to but in the long run it will help you. The only cons are that if you're going to play a sport, I recommend playing it in grade/middle school to learn the basics because the coaches don't really describe everything. Some of the coaches are focused more on winning than the team. You just have to join the right sport. Also, with many AP classes, you can choose which direction you want to go to get prepared for college but they don't have major courses like machine shops or cooking classes (biggest downfall).But overall, a really good school I would recommend. 1/17/2014.

Posted November 02, 2013
From a parent view I could say that Walsh Jesuit high school is the best high school I have ever attended when I was touring high schools for my son who is extremely satisfied with all the different programs offered by the school not only the academically ones

Walsh Jesuit High School 4

Posted April 05, 2011
My daughter transfered from a public school to Walsh as a sophmore. At the time I thought it was a mistake becuase she was not the strongest student, however after she graduted I can see that i was wrong. The extra help and personal attentioned she recieved made her a better student and better prepared her for collage. As far as athletics are concerenced most "not all" of the coaches are more concerned with winning state championships at the expence of the student athelete. Rather than teaching the game or growing them into to better people and leaders the coaches put winning first. If you are considering your daughter to attend WJHS to play basketball or soccer you should really look into the programs to see if that is is what you want for her. Talk to the players and parents to get a complete understanding of what you are getting into

Posted March 12, 2008
Walsh is a great school for the super motivated, high academic acheivers. However, for the slightly above average student, there are better options. First, the grading scale is higher than at any public school. A kid receiving a 84 on an exam will get a C at Walsh while his public school counterpart will receive a B. This public school counterpart will soon be the competition for admission and merit aid to many of the same colleges. Hence, the Walsh kid will loose out on the basis of cumulative GPA. However, Walsh claims that the colleges adjust for the more rigorous grading scale, which is absolute nonesense. College guidance at Walsh is terrible. The one person running the college guidance office is incompetent and gives terrible college advice. Politics always plays a part in school decisions from who makes the team to admissions to senior recognition.

Posted August 08, 2007
I transferred from a public school. I could not have made a better decision. Walsh Jesuit has incredible faculty, remarkable academic programs, and the college planning and guidance faculty is incredible. Walsh is way ahead of the pack. It's funny, I always used to rag on my friends that went to Walsh saying, 'Your school is no better than any public school.' I was wrong. Way way wrong.

Posted February 08, 2007
the school saved my life. I was sent to the 'all boy school' as a punishment. I graduated with honors, and now, 18 years later, am making a 7 figure salary. The teachers really want the students to succeed. They really care.

Walsh Jesuit High School 2

Posted June 29, 2006
I just graduated Walsh Jesuit in 2006 and it was the worst experience for me. I hated the whole program. The only reason I stayed was because of the students there. But I hated the way the school was ran, and I hated the faculty. If I could go back I would have gone to Archbishop Hoban.

Posted March 03, 2006
Being a student at this school (currently a junior) I feel I can give a more accurate review in comparison to a parent viewing and experiencing the school in an indirect fashion. Walsh Jesuit is a very unique school, the only co-educational Jesuit secondary school in the state, and offers many academic oppertunities for students of strong academic capabilities. Being a college preportory school, their are about a dozen AP courses, designed to prepare a student for success in this field of study on the university level. With dozens of course selections available, one can model a schedule to their liking a the upperclassman level to prepare for college. There is also many forms of help available for the struggling student, including peer tutoring or meeting with a teacher before or after school, both free of charge. Anyone who wishes to succeed can succeed at walsh.

Posted February 13, 2006
My child is relatively new to the school but already feels very welcome. The students are challenged on a daily basis to be better people both academically and emotionally.I don't think there is a better education available in this area. I highly recommend this school for anyone serious about education.

4550 Wyoga Lake Road, Cuyahoga Falls, OH  44224
Last modified Walsh Jesuit High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Walsh Jesuit High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top