Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Posted December 12, 2013
We switched our son to Summit Christian from another private school this year. We have been so happy! We even see a change in our son; he loves going to school again!! If you are interested in your child getting a REALLY GOOD education and a Christian focus, this is the school! The staff truly live out their faith. They are so concerned about the children and their families. They allow children to be children!! We could not be happier. We are so glad we found this school!!!!

Posted September 28, 2013
As a former student, SCS has a special place in my heart. The teachers and staff work so hard to help grow students into future leaders, confident in our faith. It is like a family. Students come from all over NE Ohio. It is great to have so many views and backgrounds coming together to share in an education based on a Biblical foundation. I often hated the uniforms, discipline, and lessons while a student here, but greatly appreciate them now!

Posted September 28, 2011
I love SCS!! Miss having my daughter go here! We cannot afford it anymore though...Love the teachers, the school and the fact that they focus on God!!

Posted September 28, 2011
My experience at Summit Christians School has been and continue to be simply the best. I have found SCS to be like family. The teachers care about each child and their family. I love that my children learn academics from a Biblical Worldview in a safe environment that is pro family and espouses the values I want to see reinforced in my children. This school has superb teachers, strong leadership and challenging academics. I cannot imagine my children going to any other school.

Summit Christian School 1

Posted September 13, 2011
My children attended SCS last year and had a decent experience. They did well socially, behaviorally, and academically. Unfortunately, they had disabilities that required them to be hospitalized frequently. The school was made aware of this prior to my enrolling them, and welcomed them with "open arms." When my daughters became ill, I was asked to lower my expectations for them in order to make it easier on the teachers. When I didn't think that was fair, my children and I received adverse treatment until finally the board voted to not allow them to renroll. This was despite the fact that my girls were very bright and did well academically without accommodations. I would just like to warn parents of potential students that if your children have any particular adversities, you may want t ask further questions of the school or select a school that would be more loving and accepting of differences.

Summit Christian School 4

Posted May 11, 2011
This is my son's first year at SCS and I already wish I could afford to send all 3 of my children here. While the grading scale is tougher than public school, the programs are so much more enriching. My son has been to numerous field trips and will be going to historic Virginia at the end of this month. The musical performances they have put on are wonderful. Everyone participates including the kindergartners. The environment for learning is 100 times better than the public school my son attended last year. He has gone from having a police officer at school to not even having a lock on his locker.

Posted April 11, 2011
My experience at SCS has been nothing but positive. My oldest child is now in highschool and I credit SCS for paving the way for her. It was there that she learned discipline in her studies and in her personal character. How wonderful it is to know that your child is being cared for and prayed for by her teachers. SCS was very instrumental in her spiritual maturity and I can see these very same qualities being developed in my other child and I couldn't be happier here!

Summit Christian School 4

Posted March 27, 2011
My son went to SCS and I feel that his/our involvment with this school was mostly positive. I personally think that the more involved parents are with their childrens school/teachers the more objective you can be when you evaluate the school! I would not have any reservations about sending a student to this school!

Summit Christian School 1

Posted August 10, 2010
I agree the teachers will be nice to you in front of your face but when you leave they our talking about you behind your back. Then they show favortism to the teachers and office workers children that attend that school .The children are nice but they will also talk about you behind your back and start trouble and plus they are phony. This school was a distraction to me and the teachers gave to much homework a night. I strongly do not recommend this school to anyone either!

Summit Christian School 2

Posted April 14, 2010
We have to agree with the two-star rater. If you are considering this school for Christian support, there is an obvious lack of Christian principles being upheld and taught in this school. There is bullying by both students and teachers. The staff talks as if they will work with you and your child, but action does not follow. Teachers and staff are courteous to your face, but talk about you and your children behind your back. They show favoritism in grading, treatment, and rewards. They focus on shortcomings which discourage motivated students to the point of emotional and psychological distress which eventually affects their academics. We were extremely disappointed with the overall experience. We do not recommend this school for any child.

Summit Christian School
2800 13th Street, Cuyahoga Falls, OH  44223
Last modified Summit Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Summit Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top