Dayton, OH

Posted September 30, 2011
The communication between school & parent is seriously lacking. In the nearly 2years my child had been going to Bauer, the communication has only deteriorated. Instead of working with the parents to maintain a circle of communication and continued discipline with learning and behavior, communication comes only after numerous emails/phone message attempts by the parent and when any problems have escalated to an unnecesary level. Communication tools that the school has in place, like student agendas, emails, phonecalls, are not utilized. Instead a semester's worth of supposed issues are received all at once. There is no focus on the success of the children, only in rushing them through each class with as little direction possible. Any child that chatters or moves around too much is quickly labeled as a "distraction/behavior issue" child and the parent is pushed into believing they are ADD/ADHD. Completely unacceptable. I recommend sending your children to another school if at all possible.

Posted April 13, 2011
At this school they allow a 5yr to wet herself after asking to use the restroom because it wasn't a convenient time for the teacher to allow her to go. Then she is sent to the office and given a random pair of underwear and sweat pants that do not even fit her. They did not even call the parents to inform them of what happened so they could bring her her OWN clean clothes. I feel that this teacher should not be allowed to teach nor do I want her in charge of my children. I also feel that the principal of this school mishandled the situation on so many levels. Whatever happened to teachers caring about the students?

Bauer Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted November 11, 2008

Bauer Elementary School 0

Posted June 28, 2008
Bauer elementary is a great school for all kids to attend. The teachers are wonderful. They really care about all childens education.

Posted August 30, 2007
Bauer Elementry's teachers are overwhelmed, the district doesn't have the funding it needs tp provide full day Kindergarden and uses modulars outside of its tiny building as well as a public church to fill its need for space.

Posted July 17, 2007
After being homeschooled for a year, my two step-daughters began attending Bauer just this past year. The teachers were so willing to go way out of their way to ensure that they were adjusting back to a structured learning environment. When a problem arose they notified us, and offered a solution to assist in correcting the issue. I was highly impressed with the manerism of the teachers and the staff in general. I will gladly send my children to Bauer every year they are able.

Posted November 19, 2006
My son has been going to Bauer for 2 years now. The administrative staff and teachers have all been wonderful. They have worked with my son both academically and emotionally. They have been very supportative in helping him reach his full substantial goals in his educational development. They also have been very supportative in his time of loss of his father. They have taken the time for him to express his emotions along with other students who have loss a family memeber by having grievance sessions for these students. Bauer I believe goes above and beyond the call that is required by an academic school. I would and do recommend Bauer to any parent for their child(ren) to attend. Bauer has been most helful to both my son and me.

Posted August 30, 2005
My oldest attended Bauer all 6 years. I was always pleased with the teachers and what enthusiasm they contributed to my childs education.

Bauer Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2004

Bauer Elementary School
6951 Springboro Pk, Dayton, OH  45449
Last modified Bauer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bauer Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top