Dayton, OH

Hadley E Watts Middle School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
***MUST READ*** Watts is a horrible school! The teachers, staff and students have the emotional IQ of Sheldon Cooper. WARNING! if your child is not a Cheerleader or football player they will be excluded, shammed, and humiliated. Class room environments are divided and no one works together. Watts tries to pass off as a "diverse school" but the truth is, that is that if you are of a different race, you will be bullied and most likely verbally abused. If you are different from the standard at this school, no body cares, you will be pushed to the side. ~written by a Centerville mom and daughter

Hadley E Watts Middle School 3

Posted August 01, 2013
Positive's/Negatives: Principle is available to parents and kids. He goes the extra mile to get your child the CORRECT help. Administration does tie his hands if money is involved. Teachers: I have had 2 kids in this school. Both had different pods. Some of the best teachers we have ever had and not. Due to budgetary constraints, the school system only hires beginning bachelor level teachers, 2 years of experience or under. They are not willing to pay for experience. This is a BIG negative. Pods: Kids stay with the same teachers for all 3 years. Hours of homework nightly is standard. Teachers do NOT do a good job of communicating with other teachers about test dates. Multiple tests occur often on the same day with little notice. Open rooms: not a good option if your child has ADHD. Sound carries. Posting of grades Online: Some teachers are very conscientious of this. Some teachers store up weeks of assignments and then put then in at once. E-Mail system for teacher/parent communication: Problematic. Some teachers respond quickly, others it may take multiple attempts and then they may or may not respond. You can be left wondering if they received it or not.

Hadley E Watts Middle School 4

Posted January 17, 2010
I'm in grade 6 at Watts Middle School. I think it's pretty good. Nice people and it gives you a good education. WW Pod is the best!

Posted October 15, 2008
I went to this school last year and I just recently moved. I think it was wonderful. Some of my best memories are from my middle school days. the teachers are awesome and the curriculum is very good as well.

Posted February 01, 2006
Great School! Awesome handicapped program. Any sport team you can think of. Even Squash! Also, teachers are wonderful and can help any student.

Posted October 04, 2004
After a disappointing few years in a district elementary school, Hadley E Watts Middle School was a much needed breath of fresh air. Our son is a new sixth grade student and already we have observed his enthusiasm for learning return. He is challenged in a positive environment where it is obvious that the teachers enjoy what they do. Classes are interesting and there are a variety of activities that students can become involved. The staff is professional, accessible, and above all committed to giving their students a top-notch education in a state of the art facility. A strict 'no bullying' policy is made priority and ensures each student's comfort in a safe and friendly environment. Based on this school's performance, I would encourage families with 'middle-schoolers' to move to our area so that their children could take part in a rewarding learning experience. Remarkable people make a remarkable school!

Posted March 27, 2004
I love H.E. Watts Middle School. I've only been there one year & I fit right in. The teachers love to teach. As far as the special aid kids go I don't think they could go to a better school. Watts loves each child & welcomes new students in with open arms.

Hadley E Watts Middle School 4

Posted March 14, 2004
I attended H.E. Watts MS for 3 years and was never taught that dinosaurs didn't exsist, nor did I ever witness any 'horrible bullying' in the halls or in the classroom. This school has excellent teachers and staff members dedicated to the students. We were even featured on the Today show for our participation in the 'Mix It Up At Lunch' Program!

Hadley E Watts Middle School 1

Posted February 15, 2004
I do not like this school at all. The teachers teach students things like that dinosaurs dont exsist which I do not believe is right at all. There is horrible bullying and when you tell teachers they act like it is not happening.

Hadley E Watts Middle School
7056 McEwen Rd, Dayton, OH  45459
Last modified Hadley E Watts Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hadley E Watts Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top