Normandy Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
OAA, core curriculum.....test test test. How about letting the teachers actually teach like they love too !

Normandy Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
This is a horrible school. The principal does not listen to or address any concerns. My son has been reading at a beginning third grade level since first grade and is stil at that level according to them because they never read with them to find out the students' levels. He needs a challenge. The teacher is well aware of this and does nothing.

Posted July 01, 2013
People should go to this school because they will find the best teachers and firends.

Normandy Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2008
This is the perfect school for perfect children. However, if your child is not perfect, it may not be the best fit. It had many good programs, but were unable to deal with my son's 'asperger' traits. We left the school just over a year ago and my son is much happier in a different school.

Posted May 16, 2008
I only wish that my children STILL went to Normandy! The school has many innovative programs in place, and the support from the guidance office is excellent. They offer 'Literature Circles' for advanced readers, a chess club, 'Destination Imagination', support circles through the guidance office, a wonderful parent-run program on disabilities and diversity, and another parent-runprogram that teaches the children about famous artists. The art program is also quite excellent . I

Posted August 29, 2007
My son attends Normandy and we both like the school. He has trouble with reading and writing, and they are right on top of it. I am so glad to be apart of Normady.

Normandy Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2005
My son had a wonderful first grade year at Normandy Elementary. His teacher took the time to know him and learn his individual interest. He spent most of his time at school reading and writing. He published many books through the school writer's workshop program, and he advanced nine levels in reading in one year. The school has many volunteer programs, one of which I was able to participate. Students, in grades 1 through 3, are selected to participate in Literature Circles. In a small group, students read books selected by teachers, for discussion and study. I feel that the school succeeds in meeting each student's academic level through the various programs and teaching staff. The school environment is friendly and relaxed, however learning is a top priority.

Posted November 09, 2004
- a former student
Its the best. Abood Fayyad

Normandy Elementary School 3

Posted September 15, 2004
My daughter has attended this school since 1st grade. I have decided to send her to a private school for 5th grade due to the poor math program. The kids are taught Everyday Math which seems to ignore the basic concepts of math. This program has been called 'fuzzy math', and tends to confuse most kids as well as the parents. Fortunately we have taught our daughter traditional math, however she has been told she can't solve problems the traditional way, she must use the strategies Everyday math uses. 3 months are dedicated to the Prof. exams and not enough on teaching basic skills.

Posted September 09, 2003
My son has attended Normandy since first grade and is currently in fifth grade. He looks forward to school starting more and more every year! He enjoys the interactions and guidance from the teachers, as well as the fellowship with other students. The principal is new this year, but she was his reading teacher for two years, we know she was a wise choice for this position. All of the teachers have seemed genuinely concerned with the well being and education of our son. They are very supportive of families with parents who go away for the military or other business as well. Centerville city schools puts out an 'up to' book every summer. The children work on various subjects to get them ready for the upcoming school year and keep what they just learned in their head. My son has enjoyed working on this along with continuing to read every summer which I feel has better prepared him for the upcoming school year. Normandy and Centerville as a whole has a wonderful school program.

Normandy Elementary School
401 Normandy Ridge Rd, Dayton, OH  45459
Last modified Normandy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Normandy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top