9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Carroll High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 22, 2016
To ms. Knopp and Mrs. Clark. You made school bearable. They legitimately cared about their students and though they weren't easy they were fair and I actually learned from them.

Posted October 05, 2015
I was a not a super star but the teachers all cared about me and pushed me to be the best I could be!

Posted September 13, 2013
I am currently in my 3rd year at Carroll high and I highly recommend this school. I take all AP and honors classes and I feel very confident in my education and teachers, most certain with my science teachers. The religion teachers are very tolerant of other beliefs which is wonderful since I do not believe in theology. My math teacher, Dr. Carter, was the best teacher I've ever had. She's quite intimidating but funny and very fair although extraordinarily strict. I have not witnessed any bullying. A new principal took over my freshman year and many positive changes have happened in our school since. Very caring, very involved, and very open to new policies and clubs. I would say that I am not one to stay home a Friday night and I do not quite follow rules, but I have only come across fairness in my punishment. I truly feel my teachers care about my education and I have never felt my grade has been personally affected by a teacher spitefully. My only complaint is the lack of air conditioning.

Posted August 08, 2013
I graduated in 2012 and I can honestly say going to Carroll is was a great decision. I went all four years and even though there was no air conditioning its still a great school. The teachers genuinely care about their students. Carroll prepared me so well for college it was crazy. In my first couple of weeks at college I had felt like I had already learned everything they were teaching. In regards to the negative reviews about Carroll, I never experienced bullying nor did I ever see anything that constituted bullying. Carroll is a great school and I highly recommend sending your child there.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have found Carroll High School to be the best choice for our son. Many know how far superior their academics are and how the Catholic faith is immersed into the student body through mass, numerous service projects, and daily life. The teachers are passionate about their commitment to their students. My son has found everyone to be friendly and supportive. I have seen Carroll work very hard at trying to make it a place where everyone has an opportunity to feel welcomed. Our experience has been that it is an extension of family and I'm very excited to have my daughter start there soon as well. It is worth every amount of investment and I am always inspired by the young men and women that achieve so many great things before they even graduate. I highly recommend parents and their children to visit the school and talk to many who attend so they can hear for themselves how great this place is. It truly elevates their minds and challenges them to accomplish great things in this world. You would be amazed.

Carroll High School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
Carroll High School is a great choice for any parent wanting a faith based and academically challenging school. I have found the faculty and staff to be very committed to helping all students achieve. . My husband graduated from CHS and my first of four children has graduated. I can't imagine sending them anywhere else. My son is currently a sophomore in college and was well prepared in all his classes and I attribute that to his commitment to work hard in high school and the commitment of the faculty and staff at Carroll High School. They offer many activities for all students who want to be involved. They also offer many types of service projects that really help develop not only good students but great adults.

Carroll High School 1

Posted July 08, 2013
2013 Graduate - Environment is not Catholic at all. Students regularly face bullying issues and nothing is done about them. Administration ignores most student issues especially personal. Some staff/teachers "pick" on students which downgrades the student a lot. Teachers love to throw demerits @ students like they gain satisfaction from it. Some even don't let you use the bathroom in an emergency or even ban you from a certain bathroom(you know who you are.) The academics are pretty good especially the science/biology/medical classes. Your fellow students are not going to grab you into their clique, they are not going to come up to you and ask to be your friend. Only reason I stayed @ Carroll was because my friends were there with me especially in times of needs. The freshmen/sophomore counselor was like a mom to me. Really helpful in keeping you in check. I could go on and on but one more thing, this school doesn't have air conditioning... so you will sweat your body out in the spring/summer which greatly affected my education in class negatively.

Posted May 10, 2013
Archbishop John Carroll High School is a Catholic school that welcomes children of all faiths. Our child, a non-Catholic, received an outstanding, academically challenging, faith-based education. We believe a CHS diploma is worth MANY times the cost of tuition. The fine guidance staff helped our child apply for and earn a full college scholarship. Carroll's wonderful student body is a direct reflection of involved parents, an erudite and dedicated faculty, and a visionary administration. I can't think of a better gift to give a child than a Carroll education.

Carroll High School 3

Posted November 07, 2011
I had 2 children going to Carroll at one time. My youngest was excused from Carroll right before Christmas because of too many demerits! We were told to find him another school. My oldest refused to go back in her in her senior year. She was bullied, beat up, suspended, and recieved detention. She didn't start the fight, and the other person knew the principal and recieved NOTHING! In a world where we are trying to teach our children tolerance. Is it really important that a shirttail is sticking out? The reason they have such a high percentage of college scholarships is because if you don't conform, you get dismissed! Not the Catholic education I wanted for my kids! Since then, a new principal but the clicks keep on!

Posted April 06, 2011
I am a Carroll graduate and 2 of my children are also graduates. The education that we received was excellent and we all felt that it prepared us well for college. The teachers are dedicated, caring individuals who are good role models for the students. I wanted my sons surrounded with peers who had high academic and career goals. Carroll offers that, with 98% of it's grads going to college. The test scores of the students are among the highest in the area. Both of my sons received college scholarships that were not due to financial need. The retreats, service opportunities and extracurricular activities help to create a strong Christian environment. I have researched the area schools, and I strongly recommend Carroll.

Carroll High School