PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

My kids have been going to TCS for three years and I can't imagine them going anywhere else. Sure, no school is perfect, but the teachers truly care about the students and the main emphasis of the school is to see my kids grow spiritually then academically. If you don't want your kids challenged and if you don't want teachers and administration who hold the students and parents accountable for their decisions and actions, then TCS may not be the school for your students. If you want your kids to receive a quality education and be ready to face the challenges out in the world from a Biblical standpoint, I highly recommend TCS.

Beware of this place! Have had a bad experience that was ignored now being harassed for posting my opinion online. They try to cover their wrongs up. Really good reviews from people after this might be sketchy, teachers probably covering their backs. Look into this place before sending kids here. Current principal does not seem right

We have three children here. My oldest is now in 3rd Grade and my youngest in preschool. We have found the teacher to student ratio at about 1 to 8. The turnover in staff is virtually 0. The value system, and curriculum is far above the public sector. The cost is extremely low. 3.5K for my oldest and 3K for my youngest. They have a early bird program and an after school program which runs around 60 dollars a month per child if you are both working parents. Summary: 10 out of 10; Highly recommend; Does not get government assistance unlike Dayton Christian. As long as we don't move I will send my child here.

We have recently enrolled our 4 sons to Temple Christian from a local public school and could not be happier with the school, administrative staff, teachers, even the school nurse!!! We were welcomed with open arms, and all teachers have communicated assignments, projects, and performance feedback with us. The boys have had challenging academics, sports opportunities, and multiple band/choir performances for the year. They are growing spiritually as well as academically and we are proud to attend this school. We would not hesitate to suggest this school to another family.... speak with Ron, the finance director for tuition questions.

I have 2 students at TCS currently. One in preschool and one in 3rd grade. My preschooler is currently receiving speech therapy through an IEP with the local public school district. We were told she could no longer receive this therapy in kindergarten if she remained at Temple Christian so we researched every public and charter school in the city of Dayton and settled on one we thought looked ok but I was very uneasy. While I felt the best thing for her was to go somewhere she could receive the therapy she needed I was also praying for a sign from God for what we should do. So we received a huge blessing when at her latest IEP meeting they agreed to provide services at TCS for another year. I will tell you this there is not one school in the city of Dayton that can hold a candle to Temple Christian in my eyes as a parent...If you are looking for a safe environment where the teachers genuinely LOVE your children then TCS is the place to be. They will get a good solid conservative Christian education from teachers who CARE not only about their education but about their soul and their love for God!! I don't have to worry about my girls when I send them there and thats the truth!

I cannot say enough good about Temple. I, myself, am a graduate, and our oldest daughter recently started school there. The education is second to none. The teachers are wonderful, and with smaller class sizes, your child will get plenty of one-on-one attention. Middle and High School students are given a laptop to use for the year, and it is integrated into the classroom. Temple students have a long history of scoring much higher on standardized tests, so if it's academics you're concerned about, you have no worries at TCS. Most important to me is the strong Biblical foundation that my children will receive at TCS. It is the foundation that I have built my life on, and I will be eternally grateful for the education I received there, as well!

We have 2 children at TCS. One in K5, the older in 6th Grade. This is their first year. As an example, our 6th grader has struggled, but we are finally getting back to some sense of sanity. It appears that even though he was an honors student at public school, he walked in the door so far behind this curriculum. Just last night, the K5 student recited all the continents and oceans. We were even treated to her being able to place them in order or size. This from a kindergartener. I love the fact that there ar a little less than 150 students total. All the teachers know the names of all the students regardless of age or grade. You can feel the love that the entire staff have for each student.

Temple Christian has truely been a God send for my family. I had 4 children transfered from public schools three years ago. In the puclic school they were taught proficency testing information the year through so that the school could keep their 'Excellence' rating. However, they were not being taught the basics of spelling and math. The first year they all had to work hard, but it has paid off. The grading scale is slightyly higher than that of the public school, but it has pushed the kids to try to get that higher scale. The class sizes are perfect. The teachers have more opportunity to have one on one time with those that are struggling so they cannot 'slip through the cracks'. I am very proud of how my kids have grown in Temple Christian.

This is is the first year my two children have been at TCS and they have really enjoyed it. The elementary and middle school teachers have a heart for their students.

This is an excellent school with a strong curriculum. It stresses an emphasis on the basics. I feel my child is getting a solid educational foundation as well as a sound moral compass.

Last modified Temple Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12