Montessori Children's Center 1

Posted March 07, 2012
We made a mistake sending our child here. There were many good things about the teachers from other grade level but not for our child s class. We e-mailed the Montessori Education and were told that the punishment that our child and his friends were receiving by his teacher were not a Montessori practice. A few of the students left the same year we did. We feel that this school (just from this one teacher s class) has not met our expectations of a nurturing environment as is practice by the Montessori system.

Posted February 27, 2011
MCC has been great for both of our children. They both have received an excellent foundation to their education. All of the teachers they have had have been superb! Both of our children love MCC. They love how they can have the freedom to learn by exploring. I highly recommend the MCC!!:)

Posted February 27, 2011
We did stumble upon this gem of a school totally by accident. We have twins and we were not satisfied with the daycare we were getting -- afternoons sitting in front of a tv. We found that the MCC was less expensive than our daycare and the teachers were there for the duration. The teachers are bright and caring. The parents are involved quite a bit.

Posted February 26, 2011
If you are looking for a true Montessori program that supports the whole child, this is the place! Both of my daughters currently attend MCC (since 2003). This is the way children should be taught. The skills, methods, and love of learning, are spot on for the development of children. Schedule and observation TODAY! You will be impressed and instantly see/feel the difference when you walk through the doors. You want to know more about Montessori Education? Confused about what it is? Check out these links to learn more. http://guest.portaportal.com/mccdayton S. Ross-Davis

Montessori Children's Center 0

Posted August 09, 2007
I had gone to MCC for all of my schooling career until I had to leave to go to high school. MCC provided me with a great education and prepared me for the real world. MCC allows you to learn at your own pace and work on what interests you. I personally started a school newspaper and pioneered the schools fort building project which was organized by fifth graders! While organizing the fort project I had to write large local companies to get funding; something no private school would ever have you do in the fifth grade. This school gives you a great grasp of fundamentals and will leave you ahead in almost any school you proceed onto. I would recommend it to anyone!

Posted May 18, 2006
MCC is a little gem of a school. The classes are small, the teachers are dedicated and gifted, and the atmosphere is supportive. Both my daughters attend MCC and love it. I see progress every day. I are thrilled with the education my children are getting!

Posted October 29, 2004

Montessori Children's Center 0

Posted October 06, 2003
My son is in the 2nd grade and has attended Montessori Children's Center since kindergarten. I wish I had found the school when he was entering preschool. The young childhood education there is excellent. All of the children work at their own speeds, which leaves them free to focus on areas which interest them and develop their own unique specialties (for example, one boy became quite the expert in geography by focusing on it for many of his readings and activities while sill doing reading, writing, and other subjects). My son thoroughly enjoys his class and the freedom he has to choose what activities and works he does during the day. The teachers keep the kids on track but work with the child's mood and interests day to day. They are caring, attentive, willing to work with parents, and open to parents being in the classroom and volunteering time to teach the children something new. I believe my son is receiving an excellent education for a reasonable price, and I plan to send my younger son there when he turns 3.

Montessori Children's Center
4369 Valley Street, Dayton, OH  45404
Last modified Montessori Children's Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Montessori Children's Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.