Montessori Center Of South Dayton 3

Posted June 25, 2014
I heard they had a problem with asbestos in their building. Have they taken care of this?

Posted December 13, 2013
My great niece is currently attending this school. I have noted great gains in her self control, willingness to work through problems herself and her interface with other children. She visibly blossoming and is almost desolate if for any reason she must miss any time at school. I have always believed in and supported the Montessori method and my own three children attended Montessori schools in three different states. These schools are priceless in that they are not a fad but a true educational process that works wonders and has stood the test of time.

Posted March 17, 2012
This school is TOP NOTCH! Currently our child is in the 3-6 program and has been for the past two years. I am so impressed with the work she comes home with. Her level of reading for a 5 year old is amazing, she knows more geography than I do, and the best part is she loves school. If you have never seen a great Montessori classroom in action, please do so. Go observe and you will be amazed at how a classroom of 3-6 year olds can be structured, fun, and effective with no behavior or discipline problems. Each child progresses at his/her own pace. It is what education should be! This school has strict limits but is also fun. It is nurturing yet they have high standards. I couldn't ask for a better Kindergarten experience for her. We are moving next year out of state and I am heartbroken to pull her out of here. It is worth every penny, especially in a time of constant budget cuts in public schools. We have no regrets. If nothing else go and observe!

Posted January 31, 2012
The recent expansion of the school to include 4th through 8th grades has been managed well and is clearly a success. The kids really enjoy learning and are excited to go to school. It is so convenient to have Preschool through Middle School all under one roof with curriculum that flows logically throughout. Especially noteworthy is the new music program which includes a school band and several other ensembles. The student-run coffee shop teaches students practical skills in how to run a business while providing a convenience for the parents. A further conveinience: before- and after-care are offered on an as-needed basis.

Posted November 15, 2009
Montessori teaches 3-9. They have a new class 2009-2010 18months-3. Classes are divided in 2 groups 3-6 and 6-9 (pre-school to 3rd grage). Our daughter has been attending from 3 to currently 9. Its great they are intrduce to everything including science, geography, languages, maths etc Discipline might be too tight for some parents but the kids are doing very well with it. Better too much than none. All teachers are doing a great job. Be aware of their maths, kids learn the Montessori maths concrete that needs to be converted to abstract if you plan to send your kids to 4th grade in other school. Otherwise Alexandria Montessori will convert them in 5 or 6 grade. The direction is great and listen.

Posted March 25, 2008
My daughter transitioned into Montessori learning as a five-year-old from two previous years in a traditional pre-school. She began reading within the first two months and her academic skills and motivation have flourished at this school. In addition, she has matured socially and yet with all of her growth, she still maintains that sense of fun about school that I would expect from a Kindergardener. The teachers are so warm and nurturing, yet they are firm with limits and expectations. Sometimes I like to watch the order that is maintained in the classroom through the window in the door. I mean we are talking about three to five year olds in my daughters classroom--all are engaged in their work--ALL THE TIME! Finally, I love the overall physical space of this school. They have sufficient-sized class rooms, library, indoor/outdoor gyms/music room among other amenities. I highly recommend Montessori Center of S. Dayton!

Montessori Center Of South Dayton
2900 Acosta Street, Dayton, OH  45420
Last modified Montessori Center Of South Dayton is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Montessori Center Of South Dayton Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.