Dayton, OH
Before care: Yes

Posted June 16, 2014
My son has had to have speech therapy since we was three. He was initially in a public school to utilize the I.E.P. program. But, the program there seemed stretched and exhausted - too many students with issues. So, students with borderline issues are not treated with priority. And I totally understand that - however, once we were at Incarnation the Speech Therapist and his classroom teacher met with me to explain how they do the I.E.P.s and then once things go going he was assigned homework from speech that we had to do every night as well as on going notes from her explaining how he was doing when she would see him and what I was to work on at home because of how he did in school. He started to improve much faster. The teachers do push but with care. My son is sensitive and use to cry when he thought he was wrong with an answer so the teachers asked me if I was hard on him at home. They were so lovely - and I explained that he is like that and they discussed with me ways to ease him into more confidence.

Incarnation Catholic School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
Taking my children out of Incanation school was THE BEST decision I ever made. The teachers leave much to be desired. When a parent has a concern questioning their policy the principal tells you "this is a school of choice, you can choose to go elsewhere if you don't like it". Nice Christian attitude. Furthermore, the attitude of many students and parents is extremely snooty. Favoritism is shown to certain students and families. The teachers can be very condescending and belittling. My children would come home in tears after being bullied with snide comments in relation to their economic status in comparison to other student's status. I chose a Catholic school education as I attended a Catholic school all my life. I should have known better because my own experience in Catholic elementary school (St. Charles - Kettering) was just as bad. My parents could have easily given me, just as I could give my kids, the same upbringing as the other students. The difference is our values on what is important are far different from those who dressed high and took expensive vacations. My kids blossomed as soon as they attended public schools, and were academically challenged. Public better!

Incarnation Catholic School 1

Posted July 21, 2013
Incarnation School has ruined my child's confidence in teachers, herself, and the educational system. The elementary school years were wonderful--supportive teachers, kind principal, excelling in academics and extra curricular activities. Junior High at Incarnation was an absolute nightmare--horrid experience. The caring teachers she experienced during the elementary years were gone. Replaced with terrible teachers that threatened to hand out McDonald's applications with tests because they knew some of the students would do poorly on the tests. Teachers telling the students in 7th grade that if they didn't make an honors math class they might as well forget about getting into any "good" colleges. What a way to build confidence for a teenager that needs it the most at this time! Ms. Bruns and Mrs. Schindler need to retire. Their tactics are outdated and downright mean and spiteful. If you are not a "favorite" you might as well get lost in the bottom of the pack (or take the McDonalds application.) The overall "feeling" of Junior High at Incarnation is not "let me help you with what you don't know" but "let me show you what you will never be able to do."

Posted July 05, 2013
Incarnation is an excellent school! My children have both attended Incarnation School since kindergarten. We have been very happy with the school. The school has great academic programs. The faculty and staff are outstanding. The school also offers a wide range of extracurricular activities including a chess club, DI, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Lego robotics, and variety of sports. Each of these activities is led by dedicated volunteers and is very active and vibrant. As just two examples, the chess club has more than 30 students participating on a regular basis, the Cub Scout program has more than 50 scouts. We have been very blessed to be a part of Incarnation and the families of Incarnation students have been wonderful. Finally, I would like to specifically mention the principal Dr. Reichel. She is a very caring, committed, and competent leader. It amazes me that in a school as large as Incarnation, Dr. Reichel seems to know most of the children by name. She is innovative yet firmly grounded in the basics of education and she is motivated by a strong set of values.

Posted June 23, 2013
My school is a community where eduction and faith are combined to provide a tremendous experience for my four children. There is a high level of respect and dedication from the teachers which has allowed my children to learn and grown. We feel grateful to be included in the Incarnation family!

Posted June 19, 2013
Incarnation is a great school with wonderful teachers all in an environment that promotes learning and character development. Both of my children attend Incarnation School and I really can't say enough good things about it. From the principal to the teachers and staff, this school's mission is clear - they foster an environment that is welcoming, warm and inclusive for all children in a Christian environment. They are concerned not just with test scores, but with the development of the whole child. The academics are outstanding and they strive to teach children with all types of learning styles. They offer art, foreign language, music - including orchestra & band for grades 4-8, computer lab, and are rolling out a STEM program this year. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 17, 2013
Fantastic school. Incarnation offers so much more academically than other schools in the area (Foreign Language preschool thru 8th grade, Strings Orchestra.) There are a wide range of activities for students from sports to Chess Club to DI and now Lego Robotics. School is now offering STEM curriculm. Teachers and adminstration are awesome. Always available to help, They do a great job placing students with the best teacher for their academic needs. Very supportive PTO. Can't imagine my child doing better any where else.

Posted November 16, 2012
This is an excellent school! I have two children who have attended Incarnation. My oldest is now at Alter High School and was very well prepared both academically and socially. My other child still attends Incarnation and loves it. The academic program is top-notch and includes foreign language ( beginning in pre-K), art, a variety of music options, and state of the art technology. Most importantly, Incarnation provides a faith-filled education which lays the foundation for a socially, academically and spiritually fulfilled young adult! Parents are super supportive with lots of opportunities to help in the classroom and with PTO. I highly recommend this school!

Posted March 25, 2011
Great school with very dedicated teachers, an active PTO and parent involvement. My input is always heard and steps are taken quickly to improve the quality of education.

Posted March 16, 2011
About the person who complained that his/her son or daughter is not doing well in Centerville public schools I can only say that is probably his or her son/daughter fault. My daughter is in Centerville High School and she went to Incarnation. The first year at the High School she didn t have to do much she was way better prepare than the other students and she just got a Scholarship from OSU because of her grades. Incarnation is a FANTASTIC school

Incarnation Catholic School
45 Williamsburg Lane, Dayton, OH  45459
Last modified Incarnation Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Incarnation Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top