Posted January 28, 2010
One thing that stands out to me about Stebbins is how friendly and welcoming the students are, especially since you stay with your homeroom class mates all year, they become a second family to you. Thats how it was for me. Though school spirit is lacking, which is unfortunate, it is by far the most welcoming highschool ive attended.

Posted December 04, 2009
i have 2 sides to stebbins. i agree, that the Tech-prep is phenomial. My oldest son excelled in this program and the teachers were excellent. my youngest son seems to have problems learning and we are having him tested currently. the only complaint i have with this is that he has been in the district since 4th grade and out 1 1/2 years at anothe district and none of the teachers have said anything about a learning disability. they all think he is just lazy, but with speaking with specialist they seem to think he has dislexia. he was passed in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade with poor grades. their attention needs to focus more on the under achievers that the excelled students.

Stebbins High School 5

Posted October 16, 2008
It's a Great School Teachers help when needed.

Stebbins High School 1

Posted October 05, 2008
The school is very lack on everything and charges you like there a private school or colledge. The sports cost alot and they aint even that good. Its very hard to get ready for college when you can't get your transcripts too.

Posted April 10, 2008
The best thing about Stebbins is the Tech-prep program. Students in many of the programs earn their way to national competitions. Mr. Prater (Engineering) and Mr. Amlin (Digital Design) are two of the best teachers anyone could ask for. They are dedicated to student success and do an awesome job. Also, the student year books staff is phenomenal! They put out an award-winning year book year after year. The new school building is state-of-the-art and beautiful. The down side to the school is that they don't win many football games. Also, the school seems to concentrate more on meeting the needs of honor students rather than meeting the needs of those with lower GPA's.

Posted December 30, 2007
My son is in 10th grade and I feel Stebbins is the best school I could have choose for him. We actually live in another district that my husband and I find our district not an option for the education of our children. We choose to instead pay a reasonable tuition and feel our money is very well spent. The block scheduling truly helps the kids focus on a few classes at a time and I think they are able to learn more this way.

Posted November 14, 2007
The academic programs provide a wide variety of opportunity. The special education program is comprehensive with an inclusive setting. There is a full scale honors program starting in the freshmen academy program through nine Advanced Placement courses. Additionally, student have the opportunity to participate in one of the best tech prep programs available in the state. Students who take advantage of the tech prep program and/or the honors program will have ample opportuinty to collect scholarship dollars.

Stebbins High School 1

Posted July 21, 2007
The reason I choose to give only one star is because of Principal Leadership. The principal has his favorites and it shows in everything that he does.

Stebbins High School 5

Posted May 29, 2007
Absolutely wonderful school! Terrific teachers! Both of my children attended Stebbins. One graduated in '03 & the other in '05. Neither had the priviledge to attend the beautiful new school but excelled attending the old one. They also have an outstanding vocational program. I had wonderful experiences volunteering at all the Mad River Local schools & wouldn't trade those years for anything. Made wonderful life-long friends, both on the parent side & teacher side.

Posted February 18, 2007
My daughter went to Stebbins from 1998-2001. I was very pleased with most of the teachers and I felt the school prepared her for college. She took college prep classes as well as Vocational classes. She loved playing softball and was in the flag corp of the band. Working in high school she excelled as secretary at Danis (construction) and at the age of 18 worked as a loan officer for a mortgage company while attending Sinclair. She received her Associates degree while working at Sinclair. She is now working for Reynolds and Reynolds. Stebbins prepared her for 'The Big World' I am grateful to all the teachers that helped. Proud mother

Contact Information

1900 Harshman Rd
Dayton, OH 45424

Stebbins High School
1900 Harshman Rd, Dayton, OH  45424
Last modified Stebbins High School is a public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stebbins High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.