Posted April 04, 2013
I transferred my son here in the middle of the school year because of bullying at his other school. My son was an honor roll student at his last school but to my surprise was behind at Emerson. The staff is wonderful and hands on, they keep you informed on everything. They are challenging my son academically and keeping him safe and he is excited about school again. So to me, they are the best school in the area.

Posted November 14, 2012
Emerson Academy is a wonderful, amazing, and challenging school that puts forth the efforts to help our children succeed acidemically and in life. Our experience here has been a good one for the most part. I can not say that there hasn't been bumps in the road, but when we have addressed these "bumps" they were always smoothed out. I have had no problem getting in touch with Any of the teachers or principal to discuss any problem. They have always been eager to talk with me to fix any problem or concern that I had. As far as busing, my child does not ride a bus, by choice. We did recieve a notice saying that the busing was going to change, but not cut. The busing service at Emerson is available for kids that need it. The notice stated that the Dayton Public Schools, who do our busing, would not pick up kids that lived within a 1.4mil rarious unless that child had to cross a major intersection, a rail road crossing, or a heavely trafficed area. But as for the "over all" I think it's a wonderful school and has great character!

Posted November 14, 2012
I have 3 children that go to Emerson Academy. Next year all 4 will be there. I am very happy with the school and the staff. The teachers work with my kids and challenge them to do their very best. I recommend this school, highly! My daughter has had some learning problems and they are very helpful. I also like that you are able to volunteer in classrooms and help out with school events if you choose. We have been attending Emerson Academy for 6 yrs.now. Great School!

Emerson Academy 1

Posted August 21, 2012
This school is not great. I have tried to get in touch with my daughter's teachers and the principle numerous times and they do not return calls. While the school is in an old building, the main problem I see is a general lack of professionalism and attention to student achievement. Although their website states they provide busing for their students this is simply not true. Starting this year, they decided to cut this service and expect students to walk as far as 1.5 miles. To me that is outrageous, and potentially dangerous given the heavy traffic in the area. My daughter has been in 3 different schools and this is the worst and I certainly plan taking her out at the end of the term.

Emerson Academy 1

Posted December 26, 2010
the director of displine are very rude & disrepectful period. I would NOT recommend your child to attend this school if he or she has been diagnosed with special needs. The staff is not trained to deal with children w/ IEP's. ALL they want to do is suspend,suspend and suspend. If your child is envolved in a situation with another student the child with the IEP is always to blamed. There is a law into effect no child left behind. maybe it just don't apply to this school.

Posted November 22, 2010
I have 2 children at Emerson. This is my oldest child's fifth year there. We are absolutely, completely happy with everything about the school! The teachers are wonderful, as well as the rest of the staff. My kids get amazing grades and were both reading by the end of the kindergarten. I recommend this school to everyone I know.

Emerson Academy 0

Posted April 19, 2010
Why do you love Emerson Academy of Dayton Elementary? Throughout the school year I have become a part of my child's classroom. Teachers implement challenging academics that pepares children to become mature young adults. They advocate a moral cirriculum and support each child's educational needs. Teachers, faculty and students have a much to be proud of and I'm honored to be a parent of an Emerson Academy Student.

Posted November 10, 2009
Emerson Academy is a wonderful learning environment. The principal, teachers and staff are dedicated and friendly. This school really cares about the students and their families beyond just academics. They encourage parent envolvement in the classroom as well as school activities. Emerson has brought a caliber of academic excellence and community outreach to the city of Dayton.

Posted October 06, 2009
My girls have always been bored by school or just didn't like going. Since, I have enrolled them there they absolutely love it there. This school is great the staff and the teachers are very friendly and are willing to help your child get ahead in academics and in life. My daughters teachers are wonderful and caring I couldn't find a better school any where else I highly reccommend Emerson.

Emerson Academy 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Because my grandkid's have learned alot at this school. And the teacher's really care alot about there student's. They put the learning of there studen's at the highest priorty. And the teacher's will & do go above & beyond what they have to. To make sure there student's understand what they are telling them.

Emerson Academy
501 Hickory St, Dayton, OH  45410
Last modified Emerson Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.