746 students|Emerson Academy
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Thank you for checking out Emerson Academy. We never set limits on how much your child can achieve. Our dedicated teachers give students every opportunity to reach their full potential. Our number one goal is to make sure your child is happy and successful in school. Please stop by for a tour or give me a call if you have any questions. Principal Foreman
March 12, 2017

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 12, 2017

The staff have a great love for the students and are committed to the academic growth of every student.

I think the teachers at emerson should work with there students instead of shoving a test down there throat at the beginning of the year it only stresses the students also I don't think the behavior chart is teaching the students anything when they should be learning self discipline also I don't believe that it should matter what the students wear because that's just wrong they cant have since of style or cant express themselves through there clothing therefore I think the uniform should no longer be used at any school really kids should be aloud to express themselves through there clothing

I transferred my son here in the middle of the school year because of bullying at his other school. My son was an honor roll student at his last school but to my surprise was behind at Emerson. The staff is wonderful and hands on, they keep you informed on everything. They are challenging my son academically and keeping him safe and he is excited about school again. So to me, they are the best school in the area.

Emerson Academy is a wonderful, amazing, and challenging school that puts forth the efforts to help our children succeed acidemically and in life. Our experience here has been a good one for the most part. I can not say that there hasn't been bumps in the road, but when we have addressed these "bumps" they were always smoothed out. I have had no problem getting in touch with Any of the teachers or principal to discuss any problem. They have always been eager to talk with me to fix any problem or concern that I had. As far as busing, my child does not ride a bus, by choice. We did recieve a notice saying that the busing was going to change, but not cut. The busing service at Emerson is available for kids that need it. The notice stated that the Dayton Public Schools, who do our busing, would not pick up kids that lived within a 1.4mil rarious unless that child had to cross a major intersection, a rail road crossing, or a heavely trafficed area. But as for the "over all" I think it's a wonderful school and has great character!

I have 3 children that go to Emerson Academy. Next year all 4 will be there. I am very happy with the school and the staff. The teachers work with my kids and challenge them to do their very best. I recommend this school, highly! My daughter has had some learning problems and they are very helpful. I also like that you are able to volunteer in classrooms and help out with school events if you choose. We have been attending Emerson Academy for 6 yrs.now. Great School!

This school is not great. I have tried to get in touch with my daughter's teachers and the principle numerous times and they do not return calls. While the school is in an old building, the main problem I see is a general lack of professionalism and attention to student achievement. Although their website states they provide busing for their students this is simply not true. Starting this year, they decided to cut this service and expect students to walk as far as 1.5 miles. To me that is outrageous, and potentially dangerous given the heavy traffic in the area. My daughter has been in 3 different schools and this is the worst and I certainly plan taking her out at the end of the term.

the director of displine are very rude & disrepectful period. I would NOT recommend your child to attend this school if he or she has been diagnosed with special needs. The staff is not trained to deal with children w/ IEP's. ALL they want to do is suspend,suspend and suspend. If your child is envolved in a situation with another student the child with the IEP is always to blamed. There is a law into effect no child left behind. maybe it just don't apply to this school.

I have 2 children at Emerson. This is my oldest child's fifth year there. We are absolutely, completely happy with everything about the school! The teachers are wonderful, as well as the rest of the staff. My kids get amazing grades and were both reading by the end of the kindergarten. I recommend this school to everyone I know.

Why do you love Emerson Academy of Dayton Elementary? Throughout the school year I have become a part of my child's classroom. Teachers implement challenging academics that pepares children to become mature young adults. They advocate a moral cirriculum and support each child's educational needs. Teachers, faculty and students have a much to be proud of and I'm honored to be a parent of an Emerson Academy Student.

Last modified Emerson Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8