Posted August 22, 2013
Awful overall! Most of the staff have major attitude problems. Not all, most. I've heard a secretary curse at a little girl, teachers threaten and bully kindergardners! Even my preschooler had issues with the all day program teachers attitudes! Half day preschool was wonderful though! This school needs to remember treat others how you would like to be treated! No wonder the students give such attitudes back. My oldest dreaded going to school every day, this year he's somewhere else he's so happy wakes up early ready to go! Shame on all of you at this school that have attitude problems!

Posted April 04, 2013
I wish I could give this school less than one star rating. My son went to this school for 5 years but this year was it. It was bad before but this year they got a new principal and she is a joke. This school has the worst bullying problem I have ever seen, academically it is a joke and the staff does not seem to care about the students. Students in the younger grades (Pre-K, Kindergarten) are kept from using the restroom and several have had to call their parents for a change of clothes, some of the teachers are bullies, the students definitely are and don't have your child pack lunch because their food will get stolen. My son was being bullied at this school and I received no help from the staff at all. I had several meetings with the teacher, principal and administration downtown and nothing was done. My final straw was when my 7 yr old came home with a concussion and did the school even call me...no. So I did not send him back. I transferred him to a wonderful school that has him excited about school again and is challenging him academically. So in my opinion this is the worst school and very unsafe and unfit for any child.

Cleveland Pre-K-8 School 2

Posted November 22, 2010
My youngest attended this school last year for ECE and we chose to keep him in this school again this year for kindergarten. My older children attend a charter school. We kept my youngest in this school this year because he is "special needs" and it was our understanding that the public school system could offer him more help than the charter school. NOT THE CASE. My daughter, who was also considered "special needs" for a period of time and has always went to the charter school, has always received much more help at the charter school than my son has ever received at Cleveland. He will NOT be going back to this school for the 11/12 school year.

Cleveland Pre-K-8 School 3

Posted September 08, 2009
I have two children in this school, (K & 2 for 09/10). I like the modernity of this school, (its one of the ones rebuilt recently), though I have no comparison to the previous incarnation. Of the four teachers we have encountered over the three years, all but one seem to be good, dedicated professionals. Due to an LD with our eldest, we have encountered a number of the other, non-teaching staff that are either part of the school's permanent staff or assigned to the school and all have been helpful during a stressful period of our lives. I would also like to applaud the sophomore Principal who is starting to stamp his mark on the school in positive ways. Of course, there are deficiencies, (large class sizes, lack of recess time, poor menu, etc.) within the school, but I'm sure that they are the same across the District.

Cleveland Pre-K-8 School 4

Posted February 28, 2009
I have 2 children in Cleveland, ages 9 and 13, both are honor roll students. My son will be attending a private high school next year and had no problem meeting the requirments expected of him. I have found communication between parents and teachers to be very good,but I also make it known that I expect to be kept up to date on my childrens progress or any issues that they might be having.

Cleveland Pre-K-8 School 4

Posted December 02, 2008

Posted October 07, 2008

Posted June 08, 2008
Cleveland is a combination of Eastmont and Lincoln students that live in the Walnut Hills and Belmont area. Dayton has rebuilt this school, but its seems to me if your child isn't in music or band, your child education isn't that important. I'm a involed parent that has to teach my child their class work, instead of the school. The basic aren't being capture in they're teaching process. That's why cleveland have low scores. Your children won't be ready for high school attending this school.

Cleveland Pre-K-8 School 5

Posted April 13, 2008

Cleveland Pre-K-8 School
1102 Pursell Ave, Dayton, OH  45420
Last modified Cleveland Pre-K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cleveland Pre-K-8 School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.