Dayton, OH
Students enrolled: 1,178

Posted February 19, 2013
No phone calls back from Principal or Asst....no messages....been calling everyday for a week and several times in February....no parent/teacher organization. Dayton Public Schools just says I need to contact Principal

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers and counselors are very caring, supportive, and helpful. They work with the students and parents in the best interests of the student/child. They have very good communication with parents and are accessible for the students. They encourage as well as push them to reach their goals.

Posted February 26, 2009
Dayton Public Schools are not clean. The teachers do not seem like they care. If you show up to class then, basiclly you pass. I am a Dayton Public School student, and I want to learn.

Posted December 06, 2008
Well whatever the rest of u say Belmont Now is a whole lot better. some used to say there was no help but now there are programs afterschool that help with homework. those who want to learn will take that advantage but the rest that dont care wont go and then say Belmont doesn't help! by the way im a freshman and all the teachers are great and very very helpful!

Posted July 16, 2008
i don't even know where to start. i don't feel that the kids learn anything at this school. the teachers are to busy trying to be cool and be the students friend. they are not in control as only effident by the numerous fights that broke out at the school this year. i believe the teachers and faculty are overwhelmed by the problem and don't know where to start in the effort to gain control. i am appalled at the lack of security measures in place at that school and what measures they do have available for use are not being used correctly or to their fullest potential. and when i asked my student what they did/learned at school today they tell me they either watched a movie or made prank phone calls or some other non-educational activity. i would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 28, 2008
belmont is a good school. the teacher's are wonderful. but if i had a kid i would never in my life time send him or her there. the student's ruin the out view of the school.

Belmont High School 4

Posted April 24, 2007
I consider Belmont an impressive High School. Yes it does have difficulties. But nothing is perfect. Right? I as well think Belmont is very helpful with their students. If your child is willing to learn.They will. But if they do not want to learn they will not. So I think this is a great school no matter what anyone says. xChristyx

Posted January 19, 2007
I found that no one at that school was helpful when it came to extra homework or special help. I won't name any teachers, but the majority of them just give up when one doesn't understand the material presented infront of them. The children have a horrible attitude and I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

Belmont High School 4

Posted September 21, 2006
I have to say that there is so much public opinion about Dayton Public schools but I think it may be misplaced. I think school is what the students and parents make it. If you go to school with a bad attitude you're only hurting yourself. But if you go with a learning attitude and a willingness to make the most of your education you'll gain so much for yourself! 20 years ago I graduated from Col. White High School and had a wonderful educational experience. And public opinion of that school at that time was very poor. I think people need to have the right attitude to make education work. No matter what school they attend.

Belmont High School 5

Posted August 31, 2006
Well me personally I love Belmont and it is not a bad school at all. The principle is great and the teachers and students are great. Yea every school is going to have their usual underachievers but the teachers at Belmont help them. The coach fr the varsity team is so great he has my son 3.0 GPA and he makes him do his homework and classwork 24/7 and my son is a sophomore so everyone should be looking out for the team they are going to be great. Also not only the sports but the grades are coming up and the test scores are coming up. You may not realize it yet but Belmont is on the rise and when the win state in athletics do not be surprised.

2323 Mapleview Ave, Dayton, OH  45420
Last modified Belmont High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belmont High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top