Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 05, 2016
Ms. Tong and Mr. Javi are our son's main teachers and we can't thank them enough for everything they do. Also Ms. Finsel, the speech therapist, who's coordinating his IEP and helping him with conversation skills. And the principal, Lisa Keane, who is very responsible and no-nonsense but also very caring about all the kids. I could go on and on, these people are great.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 05, 2016
Our son is learning so much, and he's actually enjoying it and excited about it. His behavior and ability to focus has also improved dramatically, and we really attribute that to his teachers at River's Edge. They're not just throwing information at the kids and seeing who absorbs it, they're working with the kids to meet them where they are.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 05, 2016
Don't know if all the teachers do it this way, but our son gets a homework packet each Monday to complete and turn in on Friday. This has been a great way to teach him about time management, he can count up the pages and see how many he needs to do each night, or if we're busy one night he can skip it and do more the next night. It's a reasonable amount and the flexibility makes it better than the average homework system.

Posted July 05, 2016
A free, public Montessori school is one of the best kept secrets in the Dayton school district, and it's our reason for staying here. We love this school, the teachers and staff care and work with the kids. They do a lot of hands on learning instead of just worksheets, so the kids enjoy and absorb it more. There are 3 grade levels in each classroom, and the older kids help the younger ones learn and model good behavior to them, which is a positive on all sides. Kids who are ahead or behind in a subject can more easily have their work adjusted to their skill level, and the teachers work with them instead of trying to make everyone fall in line and do the exact same thing. The support staff for kids with an IEP is amazing. The school also has a good ESL program, so they get a lot of recent immigrant kids from all over the world, and they have a very diverse student body that is very inclusive.

Posted August 21, 2011
As a parent of 2 boys who both started at age 3 we have been very happy with the holistic educational experience and flexibility of the teachers and staff to customize the curriculum to individual needs and abilities. With the fantastic new location across from RiverScape metropark, a world-class building and amenities, and potential for community partnerships, this is a school with a great future ahead of it!

Posted March 07, 2009
My son attended franklin montessori school from the kindergarten through the sixth grade. Kindergarten was wonderful. First through third grade he had a wonderful teacher who held high expectations for my child because she knew he was highly capable. HIs fourth through sixth grade experiences were rocky. He had a different teacher for each grade which is not typical in this montessori setting. We moved out of the district and for junior high my son attends middle school in trotwood. He gained a solid educational foundation from franklin montessori and received al A's on his report card resulting in a 4.0 GPA. I give credit to my child, myself, and also the wonderful staff at franklin montessori that gave my child a wonderful start to his education. I highly recommend franklin montessori!

River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin 4

Posted September 30, 2008
My daughter started here a month ago and she loves it. Shes in the pre-K program and she has learned so much. I would suggest this school to any parent worried about Dayton Public Schools. Having gone to them growing up I was very worried about sending her to one but this school is NOTHING like the others!

River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin 4

Posted February 07, 2008
I am very pleased with my child's teacher..My child was reading by the end of 1st quarter as a Kindergartner. The teachers are dedicated and work hard to meet the needs of my child!

Posted November 09, 2007
I am amazed how wonderful this school is. I love both my children's preschool teachers. Both Ms Martin and Ms Hawkins has made me felt at ease leaving my children in their care. communication has been top notch. everyone there is really concerned with the well being of my children. The program is amazing at teaching the children what needs to be taught while letting them enjoy learning.

Posted November 01, 2007
I love my sons teacher and assisitant. Preschool level. Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Linda. They are great together and really love my son and that means so much to me, that he is care for during the time away from us. It is very hard to drop your child off but you can here and go to work or home and know that your child is care for. Health and Safety comes first too with this class. thank you.

108 Linwood Street, Dayton, OH  45405
Last modified River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.