Dayton, OH

Posted August 21, 2011
As a parent of 2 boys who both started at age 3 we have been very happy with the holistic educational experience and flexibility of the teachers and staff to customize the curriculum to individual needs and abilities. With the fantastic new location across from RiverScape metropark, a world-class building and amenities, and potential for community partnerships, this is a school with a great future ahead of it!

River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin

Posted March 07, 2009
My son attended franklin montessori school from the kindergarten through the sixth grade. Kindergarten was wonderful. First through third grade he had a wonderful teacher who held high expectations for my child because she knew he was highly capable. HIs fourth through sixth grade experiences were rocky. He had a different teacher for each grade which is not typical in this montessori setting. We moved out of the district and for junior high my son attends middle school in trotwood. He gained a solid educational foundation from franklin montessori and received al A's on his report card resulting in a 4.0 GPA. I give credit to my child, myself, and also the wonderful staff at franklin montessori that gave my child a wonderful start to his education. I highly recommend franklin montessori!

River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin 4

Posted September 30, 2008
My daughter started here a month ago and she loves it. Shes in the pre-K program and she has learned so much. I would suggest this school to any parent worried about Dayton Public Schools. Having gone to them growing up I was very worried about sending her to one but this school is NOTHING like the others!

River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin 4

Posted February 07, 2008
I am very pleased with my child's teacher..My child was reading by the end of 1st quarter as a Kindergartner. The teachers are dedicated and work hard to meet the needs of my child!

Posted November 09, 2007
I am amazed how wonderful this school is. I love both my children's preschool teachers. Both Ms Martin and Ms Hawkins has made me felt at ease leaving my children in their care. communication has been top notch. everyone there is really concerned with the well being of my children. The program is amazing at teaching the children what needs to be taught while letting them enjoy learning.

Posted November 01, 2007
I love my sons teacher and assisitant. Preschool level. Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Linda. They are great together and really love my son and that means so much to me, that he is care for during the time away from us. It is very hard to drop your child off but you can here and go to work or home and know that your child is care for. Health and Safety comes first too with this class. thank you.

Posted March 20, 2006
today i spoke with the secretary of franklin montessori for 2 hours while she made me feel completely comfortable with sending my five year old there this coming school year. i have been there to stand in on one class and i can assure you that it was wonderful to see the 'teachers' down on the floor lending hands to all of the students. the cooking room is fantastic, and the garden is adorable with all of the students in every grade working together. im very excited about sending my son there this year, and would recommend it to any parent scared of dayton public schools.

Posted February 08, 2006
When we moved here with the military, people told us to stay away from Dayton Public Schools. Franklin Montessori Pre-K-6 is an absolutely wonderful school in the heart of downtown Dayton. The outside may not be pretty, and the neighborhood is somewhat questionable, however, the school is a well-run, safe, loving place where my 3 year old and 5 year old are learning well above their respective levels and are encouraged to do so. The parents are very involved, there are two teachers in each and every classroom, and the students are well-behaved, yet curious and excited about school and learning. This school is the best thing to happen to our family during this military assignment. I would highly recommend it in every way.

Posted August 20, 2005
My 8 year old daughter has attended Franklin for 4 years. My 4 year old will be starting in September. The teachers here are wonderful. You couldn't ask for a more caring or well trained staff. I would rather pay tuition than send my children to another school.

Posted May 20, 2005
My husband I have 5 children. Our fourth child is now attending Franklin. The three oldest have graduated and moved on to Stivers. None of my children EVER had head lice. All of my children passed the proficiency tests with flying colors. The staff is wonderful. The Montessori method is great for kids. This school is a gem. If your child does not get a good education at this school - it's your fault, not the fault of the school. They have a wonderful resource room, music programs, art, lots of great materials, active parent involvement activities, excellent teachers - I can't say enough good things about this school! The fact that it's FREE because it's a public school is just icing on the cake!

River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin
108 Linwood Street, Dayton, OH  45405
Last modified River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River's Edge Montessori Pre-K-8 School @ Franklin Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top