Posted June 23, 2014
Stivers is a unique opportunity for urban Dayton residents, and for quite a few suburban students who pay tuition to attend this arts magnet school. From the 7th grade, area arts professionals give students private lessons as a part of their education here. Students may take Spanish, French or Latin, beginning in 7th grade. The teachers and staff work together as a team to help students succeed, artistically and academically. There are ten AP courses available to give students a jump-start in college. The orchestra and jazz orchestra programs are award-winning, competing on the national level. Students are also encouraged to take part in community groups such as Muse Machine and the Dayton Philharmonic Youth Orchestras. As a parent of three Stivers students, I highly recommend the opportunities this school offers! If your student wants to learn, the soil is rich at Stivers.

Stivers School for the Arts 2

Posted May 20, 2014
We are a military family who transferred into the high school program from another arts magnet school in our previous state. Our former arts magnet school has exceptional staff, academics and theatre programs.The theatre suffers from unprofessional and uninspired leadership. The academics are poor, not surprisingly since it is an urban Dayton City Public school. I would not recommend this school to anyone, especially military transfers and students who are academically elite.

Posted April 22, 2013
My school is the bess 5real tho. You people missin' the SWAG might think othawise, but we got the bess students an' teacha's evah. We bin doin' all the school music an' art stuff, goin to great colleges n' tuff. I guess we could be gettin' a better language classes if ya sees what I'm say.

Stivers School for the Arts 4

Posted October 30, 2012
I was a student at this school from the time I was a middle school student...and the teachers were very passionate about their subjects and were willing to help when asked...however...there were some teachers who were horrible. The hours were wonderful and the arts programs were amazing (I learned a lot). I would reccommend this school to any one who is looking to get some broadened horizons...but air on the side of caution...the arts classes are very strict and time consuming...this school is not for the faint of heart.

Posted April 25, 2011
Stivers is my fav school ever!!!! because there have awesome education, i can learn eveything i get straight A and i am an honor roll student of stivers. Stivers always have wonderful arts magnets. I keep studying on Visual Arts Magnet. There has very rich arts culture and i am so appreciated!!!!!!

Posted February 27, 2011
Great school! Wonderful arts programs with an honest and caring support system. Always something going on. Never had any problems.

Posted November 06, 2009
Stivers is full of Smart ,Creative,Joyful, Dedicated,Spectacular bunch of Pure talent! (teachers,staff, and students) As a parent of two attending this 'Dayton Gem' I am thankful and and Proud to say my girls go to Stivers School for the Arts !

Posted November 01, 2009
Stivers is a remarkable school, launching kids out of all kinds of circumstances into every wonderful possibility life holds for them through the remarkable discipline of art. Last year the graduating class (133 of them) were awarded 45 million dollars in college scholarships!

Posted October 25, 2009

Stivers School for the Arts 0

Posted October 18, 2009
Going to Stivers changed my life. It inspires every student who passes through its doors with the creativity, freedom, and knowledge to become anything that they want to be. You can't say that about many other schools.

Stivers School for the Arts
1313 East 5th St, Dayton, OH  45402
Last modified Stivers School for the Arts is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stivers School for the Arts Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 90 reviews.