Posted July 28, 2011
MY HUSBAND AND I MADE A DECISION TO ENROLL OUR TWO DAUGHTERS AT HORACE MANN. WE WERE PAYING HIGH TUITION AND HAD HEARD SO MUCH GOOD ABOUT HORACE. BOTH OF OUR DAUGHTERS COMPLETED THE 2010/2011 SCHOOL YEAR AND WILL START THEIR SECOND YEAR AT H.M. THIS AUG. I AM MORE THAN HAPPY, NOT ONLY WITH THEIR ACADEMIC GROWTH BUT THEIR GROWTH AS INDIVIDUALS. HORACE MANN WAS TRUELY AN ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!

Posted May 18, 2011
My son is currently in the pre-K program at Horace Mann, I would just like to say Mrs. Sager's class has been a blessing for him. He has learned so much and the environment is SAFE. I look forward to him being at this school until 8th grade.

Posted July 19, 2010
My daughter is going into the second grade at this school. She has had nothing but a great learning experence so far. The staff is great and Mrs. Malory the principal is such a positive person and you can tell she loves her job and the kids.

Posted January 24, 2010
I have 3 kids at Horace Mann and couldn't ask for a better school. The teachers are great. They really care about the school and the students and it shows. The principal is very involved and knows my students by name. There is incredible school spirit, lots of activities and opportunities for parents to be involved. My son transferred from Belle Haven school in 3rd grade, and it was a completely different world. I have been very impressed with Horace Mann and would highly recommend it even over the private schools in the area.

Posted August 17, 2009

Posted August 05, 2009

Posted July 22, 2009
My son is very bright, and we hated to have to take him out of a Catholic School to move him to the 3rd grade at Horace Mann but we could not afford tuition anymore. We were afraid that he would be bored or that there would be bullying (all the stereotypical fears.) He was in Ms. Shope's class and I have to say that I was impressed with the students, teachers and the principle, Ms. Mallory. I would recommend this school to anyone, the staff are very supportive, nurturing, and challenging and the school environment is great.

Posted January 24, 2008
Horace Mann is an excellent school with a great principal and wonderful teachers. The kids are well behaved and are receiving a great education. I highly recommend Horace Mann. Is the BEST school in DPS.

Horace Mann Pre-K-8 School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
Great School! Horace Mann has a innovative staff who have a wonderful team like working relationship. The school is small and neighbor like. The Principal Ms. Harewood is gentle enough to care and give compassion, but rough enough to deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise. However this school ranks low on the scale for such incidents. My son attends Horace Mann and this is the first school since we removed him from the private school setting that he loves and feels safe at. Wonderful secret to the Dayton Public School community.

Posted January 10, 2006

Horace Mann Pre-K-8 School
715 Krebs Ave, Dayton, OH  45419
Last modified Horace Mann Pre-K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Mann Pre-K-8 School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.