Posted August 19, 2013
We love IRE, nothing but great experiences! My daughter is going in to 3rd grade and we have loved every teacher we've had, and love The principal and all the other staff that we have encountered!

Posted May 21, 2013
Both of my kids went here kindergarten through fifth grade. We have had so many amazing teachers - Mr. Crandall, Mrs. Siers, Mrs. Guehl, etc. The principal, guidance counsellor, and the rest of the staff are all very caring and involved. Over the years we have had a couple issues with bullying (one on the bus, one on the playground), and when I brought it to the staff's attention it was addressed and stopped immediately. They did a great job of preparing my kids for middle school. I highly recommend this elementary school.

Indian Run Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2012
I am a former IRE parent who had the unfortunate experience of having a child there at that time. Negatives for us were: lack of individual attention, bullying, disruptive special needs kids in regular classes, and behavioral problems of some of the students. I also found out that the bus driver had been late on multiple times over the course of the year and the school was slow to rectify this issue. The curriculum at the time was the old math program which was changed due to parental complaints, so I hope their new one is better. My daughter was a top student but could not subtract at the end of second grade. Dublin City Schools are so concerned with test scores that they spent months sending home worksheets on how to fill out bubbles so the kids would score high on the standardized tests (so IRE can catch up with the "better" schools like Pinney and Bailey where everyone wants to transfer to!). So, at the end of the year, parents got a packet explaining that we should review the material over the summer because there wasn't time to get to it during the year because of test prep. Overcrowded, curriculum is not challenging, not as diverse as people brag about either.

Posted June 25, 2011
I miss mr.Orr but,the new principal is fine too!! I really enjoyed mr.crandall in fith grade!!!

Posted May 19, 2011
This is a fantastic school in Dublin. The school is so diverse which is one of the reasons we like it! Mrs. Rinefierd is so approachable and she seems to know every student. She is also very involved in the kids activities which we as parents appreciate. The academics are Dublin standards and I do feel that my child is getting challenged. We've been part of the IRE community for 3 years and we have nothing other than praise for this school!

Indian Run Elementary School 4

Posted July 11, 2008
I personally thank Mr. Orr for providing wonderful environment for my child. He is a terrific principal. I agree that above average students are not challenged at IRE but I perceive this as teachers responsibility. Teachers need to work with parents and challenge student providing practice material and guide them. Some of the teachers are really good but your child may not be in their class. Hence all IRE teachers need to make efforts at teaching and challenging students to work hard and excel in studies, not just achieve the standards.

Indian Run Elementary School 0

Posted March 27, 2008
Principal John Orr is a terrific person who has the children's best interests at heart. Most of the teachers are very good at teaching, nurturing and making education fun. Parental volunteers are active in classrooms and the PTO. Overall, Indian Run is a good school. Our family has had a good experience here. Unfortuantely, the chasm between 'children who can' and 'children who can't' seems to grow each year. Indian Run has relatively large populations of economically disadvantaged children, children with learning and emotional difficulties, and children with limited English skills. As a result, many resources are focused on helping these populations, leaving very few resources to help average and above average kids perform beyond their capabilities. I think this problem is more the fault of the school district than Indian Run. The district must give support to average and average students so they exceed standards, not just meet them!

Indian Run Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2008
Awesome principal that is doing his best with limited support/money from Dublin. He creates a very family focused environment. Very disappointed in academics. Dublin schools are designed to teach to get the student to average. They do not challenge a student. Look at this year s low 5th grade results. This is the result of good students not being challenged year over year and ESL bringing down the score. It all catches up in the 5th grade. We have two children and have had three teachers at the school and only consider one teacher adequate. Open enroll elsewhere if you value your one chance to educate your child.

Indian Run Elementary School 4

Posted November 02, 2007
The high number of ESL students is what brings down the overall test scores. But that also increases diverse and multi-cultural learning opportunities at this school, making it unique in the district. The staff at this school is terrific. There is such a caring, family atmosphere from the principal on down to the parents who are always present. Your child is safe, loved and well cared for at IRE. We have treasured our experience here.

Posted July 09, 2007

Indian Run Elementary School
80 West Bridge St, Dublin, OH  43017
Last modified Indian Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.