Dublin, OH

Posted September 18, 2014
I think the school has a wonderful principal. He has hired incredible teachers who engage and teach the kids so that they actually know what is being taught not just learning to pass a test. My oldest has attended since kindergarten and is now is 5th grade. My youngest is in 3rd grade. Both of the boys look forward to going to school everyday which is a blessing!

Posted February 05, 2013
My daughter goes to this school this year , doing 2nd grade here, There reading and Math are excellent !!!!. Good Teachers and Staffs . This is becoming best school in our Dublin district !!!!!

Olde Sawmill Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2012
I feel like my child's IEP is sometimes completely ignored, excepting the most basic accommodations. The school concerns itself a bit too much with test scores and obtaining titles it can hang on banners. The atmosphere feels like an old John Hughes film, where the haves look down on the have nots. My daughters had to deal with "mean girl" issues that, while the faculty were aware of it, they did little to prevent. I just discovered that my son is often picked on, not from faculty, but from a kid in my neighborhood who isn't in my son's class. Now, if a child in another class notices it, how can teachers miss it? There are a couple of stellar teachers, but for the most part, the whole school is generally more concerned with image than substance, sadly substantiating many suburban stereotypes. Many of their homework projects and activities go beyond what is taught in the classroom, forcing parents to teach new concepts at home or require parents to purchase additional materials. The assumption of that level of literacy or financial security in every child's home is terribly unfair for children whose parents may not be educated beyond high school or have money to spare for projects.

Posted February 21, 2012
I went to OSE k-5 and so did my sister and niece, I am now in seventh grade and have moved to NYC. This school prepared me for not only further education but also life. I also really appreciated the enriched programs they provided, which I took every year. i absolutely love and miss this school. Leaving this school was like leaving a family.

Posted December 06, 2011
Excellent school. With great teachers and staff. Leveled with distinction. The student learn a lot and come home every day with new awesome facts. The teachers challenge the students to learn and if the students do a good job they get a reward. The parents are willing to volunteer. And the principal always has special activities, and special guests coming over. I really appreciate all of the kids, staff, and parents working together to make this a better school!

Posted April 08, 2011
This School is an Excellent School. And We are enrolling our Daughter here. And I visited the School and Teachers Everything is Excellent.

Olde Sawmill Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2011
I have two children at this school, one with IEP's and I do think the principal is wonderfull but most of the teachers do not follow the guidelines for special needs children or do not know the guidelines? Children are frequently missing their only breaks as well even though studies show children do better with a small break. I am happy with my younger childs progress but feel my older child with IEP's should be in a smaller class setting with the help he needs throughout the day not just when help is available. thank you.

Posted August 03, 2009
I have a second grader at this school. The faculty is very much involved w/ all of the children they know a lot of kids by name. Last year my daughter was in Mr. Kelly's class and at the beginning of the year he had all of the kids come to school and did reading assesments on all of them; he wanted individual reading assesments so he can cater to each individual child throughout the year.

Posted January 22, 2009

Posted October 24, 2008
I am also a parent of a first grader in Mrs. Wilkins class, and also have seen my child's reading skills improve dramatically since the start of the school year. Our experience so far this year has been fabulous!

Olde Sawmill Elementary School
2485 Olde Sawmill Blvd, Dublin, OH  43016
Last modified Olde Sawmill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olde Sawmill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top