Bad
Good

Only a few of the teachers are good and they do not challenge the students. The principal lacks leadership. She is out of touch with parents, and does not have good communication skills. We changed schools so our children would have a better education.

My daughter transferred from Brookside in Worthington after an uneventful Kindergarten year. She had some "behavior bumps" and instead of labeling her as a bad apple her teacher and priincipal created a postive reinforcement plan that encouraged her to respect others' feelings and follow rules. Her reading has exploded and she gets extra attention in math. We love the staff for going the extra mile.

Our experience with this school is mixed. The extra help reading program is really great. But the communication from parent to teacher is lacking. I would love to know what my child is doing on a daily basis in the classroom but there is nothing online to support that. Only once a week emails from the teacher. Dublin schools has a much better program for that. Some of the teachers have been really great while a couple of them not so hot. The principal here runs a tight ship. I don't think I have ever seen her smile in 5 years. She doesn't even know my childs name either. Which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. We are glad to be leaving this year from Washington.

I love the school, my daughter loves the school. We transfered from Dublin and its been a wonderful switch.

We love this school! Our daughter transferred to this school in 1st grade. She was behind in reading and Washington's reading recovery program is best-in-class. In 4 months she made incredible progress and is now reading at the appropriate level.

This is a brand new school with the latest, greatest facilities. Everything, from the library to the book-making workshop to the computers, state of the art. Because the school is new and is located in such a great neighborhood, some of the very best and most experienced teachers in the district chose to transfer to Washington Elementary. I can't think of even one complaint or negative aspect about this tremendous institution. I feel 100% confident my daughter is receiving a first-class education in the ideal environment.

Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.